Anti reverse up grade for the Trinidads 16,20 and 30s

Started by calicojim77, May 21, 2011, 05:08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

calicojim77

Hi Alan, Do you sell the DC anti reverse kit for the Trinidads. I not, do you have a parts list of what I need to up grade mine? One last question do you remove the spool brakes to help the free spooling in the Trini's

thanks jim

alantani

i have about 40 dog/spring sets left.  just send 10 to indonesia!  i remove the brakes and the cross pin, clean out the bearings, replace the gear on the left side of the spool with a couple of washers, redo the drags and generally make it spin like crazy!  i can send you everything.  just send a pm with your address.  thanks!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

steelfish

Quote from: alantani on May 24, 2011, 02:04:00 AM
.......... i remove the brakes and the cross pin, clean out the bearings, replace the gear on the left side of the spool with a couple of washers, redo the drags and generally make it spin like crazy! 

Alan,

I also want to make my trini16 to cast better on light irons 2oz or 3oz, I already cleaned the bearings really good and put some mix of 321/corrX, and I will also remove the 4 casting brakes, but I have some questions, after you remove the the cross pin (bearing retainer) will the bearing work as good without it?

and also on the sentence, ¨replasce the gear on the left side of the spool with a couple of washers¨
what size washers do I need to accomplish that?

Im pretty sure you are referring to the plastic gears on the spool, since they are pretty cheap and the idea is avoid the contact of the two plastic gears one in the spool and the one in the left side plate, right?
do you think if I just cut the teeth of the any of the platic gears would be the same than take it out and install the washers?

this small guy is always looking for something to cut

The Baja Guy

Bryan Young

the answer to cutting the teeth on the plastic gear on the spool, I have seen this done.  Many have taken the gear out, spin it in a drill and file away the teeth and re-install the gear as a spacer. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

steelfish

Quote from: Bryan Young on June 18, 2015, 06:42:29 PM
the answer to cutting the teeth on the plastic gear on the spool, I have seen this done.  Many have taken the gear out, spin it in a drill and file away the teeth and re-install the gear as a spacer. 

this one is easy, thanks Bryan

The Baja Guy

Fish-aholic

Voila  ;) http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=10872.0

steelfish

Quote from: Fish-aholic on June 18, 2015, 10:58:51 PM

Voila  ;) http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=10872.0

thanks compadre, that´s a nice toothless gear.

how did you made it so smooth?  it looks like OEM part
The Baja Guy

Fish-aholic

I used a bench grinder to remove the teeth and finished it off with 600 grade wet and dry. I am known to suffer with the incurable trait of being a perfectionist.  :D

steelfish

Quote from: Fish-aholic on June 18, 2015, 11:39:52 PM
I used a bench grinder to remove the teeth and finished it off with 600 grade wet and dry. I am known to suffer with the incurable trait of being a perfectionist.  :D

ooh well, I just have my flat cutting pliers and a fine iron file.
The Baja Guy