surfmaster 200

Started by moondog371, June 30, 2017, 10:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moondog371

I just rebuilt a surfmaster 200. new drags,new washer under main gear. new grease.....etc.something feels like its rubbing .took it back apart,cleaned it all! new grease,oil etc.was very smooth. took it out for some practice casts smooth,nice! took a few more casts something is rubbing .any thing I missed? any help or ideas?

handi2

Having all posts on the reel can make it go back together just a tad off. I've done the same thing.

If the spool is rubbing you have loosen and tighten screws until it's just right.

Start by having the stand screws hand tight then work your way around the reel until they are all tight and nothing rubbing.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

moondog371

ill give it a shot thanks !! I have a squidder I built from a pile of parts doing the same thing . thanks!

Bryan Young

I've had same issues and like Keith mentioned, start with the reel seat then I do alternating similar to tightening lugs on a tire and try to torque each one the same as you move around the reel (it's a feeling thing).
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

moondog371

thank you ,ill try it out !!! it realy was soo smooth !!! and it juts went bad!   

moondog371

to be honest,i did bird nest it pretty bad!!!!!! rookie...ha ha! thanks it seems it worked! she is smooth again!