My 113H seems to have a spare metal washer (non-eared)

Started by MinerWill, May 23, 2011, 07:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MinerWill

Hi; long time listener, first time caller.  I just broke down a 113H Special 4/0 Senator I inherited and it seems to have a spare metal washer (non-eared).  I didn't note it while I took everything apart, since the previous rebuilds I've done have lined up with the instructions on this website; I just got lazy and am now paying for it.  While the rebuild instructions posted here do not specifically outline how the drag rig fits together, I did check the schematics and cannot account for this spare anywhere.  My father, as well as he looked after his belongings, never stripped down reels and so therefore couldn't have added this himself, so I'm sure it was in there somewhere as it came from the factory.  I wouldn't imagine spare parts are a common issue, so I'm fairly confident I'm just missing something.  Any assistance will be very much appreciated.

alantani

this is common!  often, to make up space, the last non-eared metal washer is doubled.  they behave as one thick washer.  it's just for space.  that's all!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

You should have a tension washer last on the stack. Is the last washer  cupped and is it over a keyed washer? That is the way it should be.

I just realize that you might have the older model with the easy access drags. If that's the case , you will not have the tension spring in the inner side of the plate, you would have it under the star wheel. I've seen extra washers on those reels with easy access drags  system but not on  later models
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

MinerWill

Thanks to you both for your responses.  When I went to see if this question posted I saw that I was not the first to ask about the spare washer.  Sorry for starting a new thread over an old question. 

Bryan Young

MinerWill,

It's not a problem. Glad that we are here to help.  Sometimes searching  for things is a lot harder than it appears.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D