Gear sleeve pin trouble?

Started by biggiesmalls, July 16, 2017, 12:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RowdyW

Drew, when Alan first released the 2nd gen. sleeves he said you will probably have to file a flat in the center of the pin for more clearance on the post. With the sleeve on the post look through the pin hole. You will probably see part of the post in the upper part of the hole. That is the direction the flat you file in the center of the pin has to face. I can't explain it any clearer.     Rudy

biggiesmalls

Gotcha, that's a pretty great description Rudy. Will give it a go tonight unless I fall asleep first.

biggiesmalls

Quote from: RowdyW on July 16, 2017, 10:23:29 PM
Drew, when Alan first released the 2nd gen. sleeves he said you will probably have to file a flat in the center of the pin for more clearance on the post. With the sleeve on the post look through the pin hole. You will probably see part of the post in the upper part of the hole. That is the direction the flat you file in the center of the pin has to face. I can't explain it any clearer.     Rudy
This is a mystery. I got the pin out and looked into the pin hole, it's completely clear. No obstructions.

I will just sand down the pin and hope for the best. If this doesn't work, the 9/0 is down for this trip. I really hope it does.
At least I've got the 980 as backup. Light tackle fun with blacktips