113h harder to turn handle after new drag install

Started by 13starsinax, May 26, 2011, 10:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

Welcome to the crew!  Sounds like she's ready for a test.  Tie your line to the back of a friend's bicycle seat and increase the drag slowly to determine if she'll hold.  Take it slow... You don't wanna go "warp" speed on the plates (they can warp at high temperature) ... you just wanna make sure she's right on before you got the fish of a lifetime on. If you have a spring scale that would be even better to determine exactly how much drag your gettin'.   Best of luck on Tuesday!
Dom

13starsinax

just letting you guys know the reel performed awesome. we boated one 4.5-5 footer. and i dont know for sure what was goin on yesterday but my circle hooks pulled on three others but thats why we keep goin after them. my buddy lost an 8+ footer on a jump. but thanks to all! the drag was so smooth and every thing worked great got a stainless sleeve and bearings coming from alan, and a handle from aaron so i will be top notch.

alantani

the next time that reel is open, drop a little oil down the throat of that gear sleeve. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

13starsinax

i will alan when i put that stainless one on you sent me ;D