Hello Alan!

Started by Palmerro, February 06, 2009, 02:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palmerro

I have a couple of Penn 115l 9/0 reels that my sons used to go sharkin with. We started using them on Warsaws & they simply do not have enough drag to get those big suckers out! I serviced the reels, took the drag washers out cleaned & greased them. They max out @ about 26lbs. Have you figured out a way to amp up these reels? If so...I'd love to know.
Thanks Again,
Jeff in Georgia

alantani

jeff, do you have composite drag washers or penn ht-100's?  do you have spectra or mono?  if you have spectra, could the spectra be slipping on the spool? alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Palmerro

Alan,
      The reels have ht100 drags. They were spooled with 80 lb mono and I just laid 300 yds of 80# power pro on top when we started using them for Bottom fishing. No slippage. What kind of drag should these reels generate?
Thanks
Jeff

alantani

jeff, i'm taking a little bit of a guess here, but i would say easily 35 pounds.  could the metal washers be out of order? 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Palmerro

Alan,
       Everything seems to be in proper order. I sense this is about all these reels are designed to deliver. I just thought they might be able to be tweeked up.
Thanks
Jeff