What's this worth

Started by publius, August 07, 2017, 11:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

publius

Not a great pic. Craigslist, guy wants 200.00 for it. What do you think?

oldmanjoe

For everything it`s a steal ....  joe
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Maxed Out

At that price it makes a person wonder about legitimacy of this Craig's list listing. Seems too good to be true if the $200 is for everything pictured......but you just never know !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Rancanfish

Craigslist, grrr.  I just had three lovely experiences. Looking for a tow vehicle.

First time, I got there and it was apparent the pics I had seen were from years ago. Wasted a whole day hooking up.

Second, last Saturday drove 40 minutes to meeting place. Got text saying he had an emergency so wasn't going to show.

Today spent 30 minutes talking to a lovely young woman about her vehicle posted w/84K miles.  When I got off the phone I decided to pay for an Autocheck report. The mileage reported in 2009 was 90K. In 2016 the vehicle had 236K.  Spent $25 but saved 10K

You have a 50/50 chance the guy is just trying to sell your email address.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Cor

Seems "too good to be true", so beware...........
Cornelis

Marcq

I would not pay $200 for that, the rods are worthless IMO and the reels?

Marc..

FatTuna

I'm with Marcq. Nothing is jumping out at me. I would pass.

There are plenty of Craigslist deals that are legit that seem too good to be true. Sometimes people are moving. Sometimes people get into the sport but it's not for them. Other times gear can be handed down. People lose their jobs. People get divorced. Sometimes people want to sell everything due to health problems. There are a million reasons that someone could be selling stuff super cheap. I've seen all the above.

The trick is that you have to act fast. I have $2000 in cash in a safe that I keep just for that reason. The other day I bought an entire lot of gear. Two 130lb combos. Penn 130STs. Looks like they've never caught a fish. Two 130lb custom rods. Two brand new survival suits. An EPIRB. Like new Aftco gaff. The reels alone are worth more than that. $1500.

sharkman

I also will have to agree with Marcq.  I would pass.  The only thing of value I see is the Abu.

SoCalAngler

I'm glad others feel the same as me. To me it looks like junk.

philaroman

1) photo seems a bit staged/strategic to look like a whole lot of stuff, while providing as little info as possible, on what said "stuff" actually is

2) cork-handled rods are less likely to be total junk, but there are very few of those

publius

I passed. The pic was authentic but most were not in good order and the Ambassadeur was the only really good one in there. I've got about 20 5000/5500's so I let him keep them.