Penn 114H roller bearings

Started by Donnyboat, July 15, 2017, 02:36:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnyboat

Hi every one, hope your all keeping will, I have a question, on roller bearings, for a Penn 114H, the bearing in the back plate, or should I say left hand plate on a right hand winde reel, I am not sure how to get this bearing apart to service it, it appears to have a washer forced into the front of this bearing, not wanting to damage anything, I used a bit of force in trying to remove this washer, without success, not wanting to damage it I stopped, but I would like to dismantle this Bearing for cleaning and relubing, the only other 114 I have serviced the bearing was really free, so I just placed a couple of drips of TSI 301, in the centre of the bearing, that reel is working real smooth. any info would be much appreciated, thanks, and cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Bill B

DonnyB....leave the bearing assembly in the side plate for more leverage.  Then use a small screwdriver to pry the knurled washer out.  It takes a good amount of pressure to pry it out.  Another option is a bearing puller...let us know how it goes.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

mo65

Bill's right...those darn knurled washers are hard to pry out. A little impact is whats needed. It helps to have(or make) something that slips under the washer and can be tapped on, working the washer up and out. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~