Preparing to fish the 16/0

Started by The Great Maudu, July 31, 2017, 12:05:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Maudu

Yes sir. We started seeing it last night. The wind kicked up and Brent,who runs the bait out, said it was like kayaking in a washing machine. Tonight it's back to the beach, weather permitting. The 9/0's will get action and I may drag the 16/0 down there.

Bill B

Great reports Mike....enjoying this thread....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

The Great Maudu

Getting ready now to go back out. Last night they brought in a 10' Hammer. Unfortunately I wasn't able to go.

The Great Maudu

Here's a good shot of the leader we use. 30' of cable with 3 16/0 hooks. The first hook is attached and the two followers are strung loose so they can be laced into the bait. For bigger baits sometimes 4 hooks are used. I get a kick out of the reaction this big unit generates. Especially on the 1/4 mile promenade to the end of the pier.

Shark Hunter

Good Luck Mike!
Wish I was there.
I prefer the Beach, so I don't have such an Audience. ;D
Life is Good!

The Great Maudu

They thin out pretty quick. I've been telling these guys about the Shark Hunter. We need to coordinate schedules sometime and fish together down here. Here's a few more pics. Brent has the yak with two Bonita ready to head out. The second is is headlamp as he paddles out. The third is my thumb getting educated.

The Great Maudu

I just beached a 14' Tiger. Details to follow.

Cor

Cornelis

foakes

Way to go! --

Looking forward to the play-by-play debriefing.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

oc1

Dang Mike.  That's an incredible spot.  Congratulations!
-steve

mhc

Ya gotta be happy with that!  8)
Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Alto Mare

Nice Mike! can't wait for some pics.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Donnyboat

Great Mike congradulation, looking forward to the pictures, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

bhale1

Wow....14'..yikes! I said earlier that  I didn't think I would want to swim baits out.......but with 14 footers out there, I'd probably be rethinking even a kayak 😁......"we're gonna need a bigger boat, right!"
Brett

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are