MANZO BC 60

Started by The Great Maudu, August 06, 2017, 06:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Maudu

I've had this reel for awhile but have never been able to find out anything about it. It's very well built and has never been on a rod or spooled. No markings as to where it's made anywhere. I was wondering if any of you fellas know what this is?

The Great Maudu

Come on, Not one of you guys have ever seen one of these?

Rancanfish

I worked with a woman, last name of Manzo.  That's the closest I can get.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Shark Hunter

Manzo, Not Womanzo Randy. :D
I can't find anything on it Mike.
Life is Good!

Gfish

Never even heard a one. Am I missin some part numbers, or are there 70 of 'em. Kinda looks like an outta the box "tank". How big's it? Where'd you find it? Whatsa line capacity---can't read the lb. test. One very vague clue: the term "fitted"( on the box). Another is:"polishing stainless steel sideplates". Sounds like something my wife would say, i.e. an Asian translation of "polished", her first language is Mandarin. The clutch button looks like an Ambassedur's. The circled numbers on the schematic look just like those that Shimano prints for their reels.  Wanna sell it?
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

The Great Maudu

I picked it up at a show a couple years ago because it was so well made and smooth. I haven't seen another one or been able to find any info. Here it is pictured next to a 6500 C3 Chrome Rocket for size comparison.

Tightlines667

Never heard of it.  A quick search turned up a 1923 Patent for a disentaging levelwind mechanism listed as...

Manzo, 1923

http://www.google.com.pg/patents/US1448871

Not sure if there is dome kind of connection here?  Not likely.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

oc1

Very shrewd Gregg.  Chinese was the needed clue.  Forget the Manzo and just search for BC60 bait caster.  Apparently it went by many names.  It was discussed on SOL:
http://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/topic/32538-check-out-this-cool-reel-can-anyone-identify-it-looks-sweet/
A high quality, low cost, no-name reel from Mang Yang Fishing Tackle Co. who also makes reels for big-name brands.
-steve

The Great Maudu

Thank you gentlemen and Steve in particular for solving this mystery. These are very high quality reels if you ever run across one pick it up.