Shimano discontinued parts?

Started by tinboat, August 15, 2017, 01:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinboat

Hi,  I ordered parts from Shimano to repair the clicker on my TLD15.  Unfortunately they've discontinued 2 parts that I need. TLD0018 c-lock and TLD0053 Click button washer A.  What can I use as a substitute?  Thanks for the help!
- John

conchydong

That is strange as the single speed TLD's are still in production. I think the parts you need are used in  the 15, 20 and 25. Shouldn't be hard to find but I am surprised Shimano discontinued the part. It just doesn't make sense to me. Perhaps, they are just back ordered?

Scott

MarkT

Those parts are listed as discontinued on Shimano's parts site.  I'd call them and ask about alternatives.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

oc1

.... or maybe the reel is about to be discontinued.  You know how Shimano hates to have parts available for discontinued models.
-steve

Keta

Quote from: MarkT on August 15, 2017, 03:10:56 PM
Those parts are listed as discontinued on Shimano's parts site.  I'd call them and ask about alternatives.

The Shimano customer support people usualy can come up with the "new" part number.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

tinboat

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try to call Shimano and see what they say.  I used that reel today, with my temp fix, but it's pretty goofy.  These reels are perfect for some of the fishing I do, so I'm trying to save this low budget - ebay project. 

mizmo67

The TLD0018 is on ebay atm but I don't see the other one :(

No luck looking on ereplacementparts, either.

Try some of the folks on the other sources list?
https://scottsbt.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000166543
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

handi2

You can get those 2 parts at any hardware store.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

pinoy101

hello

I also have the same predicament... I recently got a hold of a 01 stella sw10000hg (01560) jdm with a missing drag knob, and from the suppliers i have contact, i have been told that that part is discontinued.. and I have been thinking  a lot.. these kind of reels which are expensive... should'nt shimano continue producing parts?... spare parts?...aldo, justin ( Redsetta ) answered my post on DRAG KNOB on this page 3, about a replacement or another model that would replace the missing knob...

may I take this opportunity to ask sir, handi2 ...  I have post another question on this page 3 stella spool's and main shaft... but  i have been waiting for a comment or answer... its been read about 30+ times already...

I also, sent a message to redsetta , Justin if he can look into this too...

thank you

alan

P S .  redsetta just message me awhile ago.... thanks again justin... more questions soon... ;D

oc1

If there is a discontinued model you think is worth keeping and being dedicated to then consider getting a parts reel. 

Shimano can make some good stuff but the discontinued parts issue has been around for a while and is unlikely to change.  It may make good business sense to them, but they are disrespecting their own product.

-steve