Another sucker for punishment.

Started by plastic tiki, June 07, 2011, 10:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plastic tiki

Hi guys, i've been lurking for some time and finally decided to post. I love working on spin reels, the more parts the better. Tinkering is enjoyable for some ;D. I've picked up plenty from the site already and hope to learn plenty more. Thanx to all the experts on here,

cheers

PT
The perils of kayak fishing are great...... especially for the fish!

Norcal Pescador

Welcome from Northern California, PT!  "The more parts the better" is kind of scary. For me it means more parts to lose. ;D ;D
Rob
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Roger

Welcome aboard from South Louisiana. Some spinners aren't that bad "but" some can be real nightmare....
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

ReelSpeed

Welcome from sunny california..You aren't alone, I enjoy tinkering as well. more parts is great until you have 150 parts laying on your table and find the one part that is broken and now needs to be ordered.. now what do you do with the other 149 parts sitting there!  ;D 
Reelspeed Reel Service & Repair
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
(562) 261-5190

Alto Mare

Quote from: ReelSpeed on June 07, 2011, 03:24:47 PM
Welcome from sunny california..You aren't alone, I enjoy tinkering as well. more parts is great until you have 150 parts laying on your table and find the one part that is broken and now needs to be ordered.. now what do you do with the other 149 parts sitting there!  ;D 
You'll probably make your own part and keep on tinkering ;D

Welcome! PT, Sal from PA
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

plastic tiki

Thanks for the welcome guys, i am really enjoying the site. There are quite a few kayak fisherman here in NZ that regularly browse this site for info on servicing. Keep up the stirling work, i'm sure i'll be taking notes.

Hadge

Hi, just jump right in. We can always use a good spinning reel guys shoulder to cry on. I've got two pen 450s that the bale will only close by hand. Talk later, just want to say welcome.
Hadge
Hadge

alantani

uggghhhh!  so much for the no spin zone.  welcome!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

plastic tiki

It's okay Alan, i like conventionals too, just not quite as much. ;D

broadway

Hey P.T.
    The nice part about spinners is that you save money on a psychiatrist... cause that's therapy!  Welcome aboard!
Dom