Penn 67 Long Beach Challenge

Started by Ken_D, June 08, 2011, 03:11:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Hey Sal!  I looked and thought you must have had too many beers.  I opened a fine bottle of Zin drank half and looked again.  Well I'll be a monkey's uncle.  There was Honest Abe and his whole cabinet ;D.  You missed the others.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Irish Jigger

That's Lincoln all right,looks like he's sleeping!

wallacewt

you guys are all mad and i can prove it!
i rang up a firm the other day and would you believe they was called
dom-dom and dom CO;
could i speak to dom says i
no hes gone fishin
what about dom?
hes gone also
well what about dom
speaking

Dominick

Quote from: wallacewt on July 24, 2011, 02:08:24 AM
you guys are all mad and i can prove it!
i rang up a firm the other day and would you believe they was called
dom-dom and dom CO;
could i speak to dom says i
no hes gone fishin
what about dom?
hes gone also
well what about dom
speaking

:) :) :) :) Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

so, about that coversion to a "1+5" drag system.  what do you guys think about adding a stainless steel gear sleeve?  ::)
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: alantani on July 24, 2011, 02:33:41 AM
so, about that coversion to a "1+5" drag system.  what do you guys think about adding a stainless steel gear sleeve?  ::)
Great idea! Add a s/s yoke and a 4/0 Kolekar grip, too. (Are we back on track yet? :-\)
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Dominick

Quote from: alantani on June 08, 2011, 10:04:05 PM
seen this before.  put one of dawn's drag washers under the main gear.  then you can use a full penn set of five #6-60 ht-100 drag washers and a 5-washer stainless steel set to hop up the drag stack.  this is another reel that GREATLY benefits from a stainless steel gear sleeve.  alan

I agree.  There's your answer.  Dominick

Alto Mare

Yep... a S/S sleeve, HT100's , a Kolekar grip and you've got yourself a nice happy reel ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.