looking for carbontex drag washers for abu garcia ambassadeur 6000

Started by plastic tiki, June 08, 2011, 09:27:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plastic tiki

Hi guys,

I haven't seen any posts referring to this model and am wanting to get a couple of sets of replacement washers for two reels i've got to tidy up. Just wanting to know what will fit? The reels don't arrive for a few days so i'm unsure as to which replacement washers sets will fit not having pulled them down yet. Will be either 10271/15094 or 20907/13169.

any ideas or will i have to wait?
The perils of kayak fishing are great...... especially for the fish!

Roger

You'll need the number on the reel foot. Then you can track down the right schematic for that particular reel. That will get you the right washers.
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

alantani

some of the the old ambassaduers have a single drag washer above and a single drag washer below the main gear.  i just toss in a pair of jigmaster drag washers (#6-309's) with grease.  i have the penn washes and dawn has a carbontex equivalent.  if you can't find a set locally, let me or dawn know and we can send some thing out.  dawn may even have a pair of drag washers that actually fit.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

plastic tiki

awesome Alan, thanks. I'll wait for the reels to arrive and make sure i get the right ones. the reels were purchased in mid 2000.

I'll let you know if i need some help.

Dawn

If the reels are the late 80's models, you will need the 10271/15094 set.  I have the set made up.
Newer reels, C3, C4 models would use the 20907/13169, which I also have.  There is also a 6000 from 1997 that will use this set.
Important for me to know if it's a C, C3, C4, B  etc.

Dawn
Dawn

plastic tiki

Thanks Dawn, I'll wait for them to arrive and let you know. I'm thinking they're probably the 97 model (if they were still made in sweden then?)