Hello from East Tennessee

Started by festus, September 06, 2017, 03:50:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

festus

This is a great site, been surfing it for a few weeks and already have learned so much.

I've lived in East Tennessee most of my life except for a few months in Middle Tennessee and Southern Kentucky.  I recently retired and now have lots more time for fishing.  Grew up fishing small creeks and ponds close to home and also fishing the Emory River, Tennessee River, and Clinch River, all are about half an hour's drive from here.  I'm not particular what I fish for, when younger mostly sunfish, bass, creek chubs, suckers, carp, crappie, bullheads, catfish, white bass, just whatever was biting.  Later really got into striped bass at dam tailwaters fishing with Wild Eyed Shad swimbaits and big bucktails tipped with twister tails and cut bait for blue catfish. 

My first rod and reel was an off brand red spincaster on a 5' rod.  Later got a Zebco 606 combo for less than 10 bucks. My first baitcaster was an old knucklebusting 1958 Shakespeare Triumph. Also graduated to spinning, had a variety of Zebcos and South Bends.  My first REAL spinning reel was a D.A.M. Quick I got for my birthday in 1969.  lt still works, just needs a minor repair but is still fishable.

Dominick

Welcome.  I see that you have already contributed to the site with several posts.  Welcome again.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

David Hall

I really like your avatar, Festus has always been a favourite character of mine as well as a fellow hillbilly.

Alto Mare

Welcome Chester! ... enjoy your stay.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

FishDad

Welcome Festus !! I too am from Tennessee, middle Tennessee, the Columbia area to be exact. You're right, this is a great site. The folks here know everything there is to know about reels (even the freshwater baitcasters that I use). They have been a tremendous help to me, and I'm sure you will be an asset as well.

Again, welcome to the site!

Dennis

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

happyhooker

Hello; you're in a great fishing area; I know you've posted some interesting stuff already & looking forward to more!

Frank

swill88

Festus, you've brought a smile here with just your handle. Thanks and welcome again. Steve