Hi All from the Bay Area

Started by Bigeye, June 09, 2011, 05:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigeye

Just joined the group from the Bay Area.  Lots of valuable fishing and tackle information, which I can always use.

Been fishing the Bay Area from boat and shore for quite a few years.

Have known Alan for few years as well.  Best reel guy ever, as well as one of the nicest.  He has helped me with many reels in the past, and more to come.

Anyway, glad to have joined to learn and share.

Jad

ReelSpeed

Reelspeed Reel Service & Repair
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
(562) 261-5190

Panama

Welcome Jad.  I just joined a few days ago myself and I feel like I have been here before.....lol! 
Get on the water, Man!!!

Norcal Pescador

Welcome, Jad! Yeah, Alan's quite the guy! ;D
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Roger

Welcome aboard from South Louisiana. If your a reel junky your at the right the right place......  ENJOY!!!!!!!!
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Hello Bigeye and welcome,
The last time I was in the Bay area, while I was crossing the golden gate bridge on foot, I spotted this gentleman fishing below so I decided to go and have a talk with him. Before you know it, I was holding one of his rods! Unfortunately, I was only at it for a few minutes when I heard "We're on vacation, let's go!"...wives...oh well.
You will like it here on the site. Lots of good info and knowledge sharing! Take care!
Sal, from PA
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bigeye

Quote from: Alto Mare on June 10, 2011, 01:15:47 AM
Hello Bigeye and welcome,
The last time I was in the Bay area, while I was crossing the golden gate bridge on foot, I spotted this gentleman fishing below so I decided to go and have a talk with him. Before you know it, I was holding one of his rods! Unfortunately, I was only at it for a few minutes when I heard "We're on vacation, let's go!"...wives...oh well.
You will like it here on the site. Lots of good info and knowledge sharing! Take care!
Sal, from PA

Thanks guys for the welcome.

Alto,

If it was on the north side of the bridge, you probably were on a bluff by the Presidio Yacht Club.  Not a bad spot to intercept salmon somtimes, but most of the time only small sharks hangs out there.  If on the south side by "south tower" that's Fort Point, used to be a great spot for stripers.  But the real action is to get out of the Gate and hang a right to Salmon nirvana "Duxberry Reef" off of Stinson beach.  Lots of salmon get been slayed at Dux each year (when we have a season).

Anyway, glad to be here.

Dominick

Welcome from San Mateo Bigeye:  I agree about Duxberry Reef.  Caught two 37 and 38 lb Salmon within 10 minutes there.  Once.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

welcome, jad!  and welcome to mike g. as well!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!