It's THAT time...again! Back to Alaska!!

Started by Steve-O, September 14, 2017, 12:01:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve-O

Earlier this summer my better half gave me the nod to head up to Prince of Wales Island, Alaska to fish and hopefully re-fill the freezer this fall and the day has arrived! Woot! Woot! :o :D

Actually, that day is this coming Monday ...but that's only two days away not counting the weekend...and I don't count weekends.  ::)   ;D.

I fly out of SLC at 0600 Monday, pass through Seattle, WA for a plane change, then land in Ketchikan, AK at 0900.

Stepping off the AK Air 737, walk downstairs, grab my duffelbag and step over to the Island Air Express counter and walk out on the tarmac into the Cessna 950 Caravan which zooms me to the island by 0930.

Get the rental Jeep, quick grocery stop, cruise to lodge,  get geared up and fishing by 1100.

Six casts later the first limit of delicious chrome is on ice! Lol!

Something like that ....in my head anyways.

The lodge I stay at (trip #20) lets us keep our gear in the garage rafters and the owners treat me like family.

They pretty much give me run of the place for a week while they take off up North hunting for sheep, goats, moose or caribou depending on what tags they drew out.

So get ready folks...I'm stoked, I'm packed, just gotta go pick up a few gifts for the owners and a couple others who also treat me like family and give me some neat fishing perks on their property...and I'm off!

It's a short trip this time - only 5 days instead of 6 - and one flying day home so I have planned on 60 hrs of salmon fishing, sharking, crabbing, rockfishing, jigging, and a one day boat trip for halibut is a big maybe (fingers and eyes crossed).  I'll sleep on the plane home. ;).

Some pics of the planned results.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Steve-O

steelfish

looking forward reading your great adventure
The Baja Guy

David Hall

I look forward to seeing your pics and reading about your adventure.  Have a ball.

Tightlines667

Good luck man.

May the fish gods smile upon your endeavor.

Look forward to the annual report.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Tiddlerbasher

El Pescador

Steve-O!!!

PHOTOS!!!!

PHOTOS!!!!

and MORE PHOTOS!!!!!!

LOVE The visual portion of every trip!!!!

POST PHOTOS!!!!!!!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Steve-O

Thanks, guys!

uhhh...Wayne...MORE PHOTOS?....does that mean like the vitamin : One A Day®?

Or are you thinking more like: Lays ® potato chips?

nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

El Pescador

Quote from: Steve-O on September 14, 2017, 07:52:18 PM
Thanks, guys!

uhhh...Wayne...MORE PHOTOS?....does that mean like the vitamin : One A Day®?

Or are you thinking more like: Lays ® potato chips?

nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!

Or maybe an Almond Joy Bar!!

Sometimes you feel like a nut!  Sometimes you DON'T!!!!

Fish hard up there, PULL HARDER!!!!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Alto Mare

Good luck up there paisano! nut or no nut, we already know you're a little nuts :). Keep the pics coming ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Steve-O

Here's an encouraging photo.

The weather forecast for next week...which is about as reliable as stock picks. ::)

Still it gives me hope for a 500 meaningful photos on this trip goal. Came very close last year.

Dominick

Steve-O I hope you have as great a time as we had in Alaska with Gary.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.