Field Testing the Beastmaster 6000

Started by gstours, September 21, 2017, 04:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

After a fun filled summer things were slowing down and it seemed like it was time to test a new toy.    I had used it in some tests out in the driveway pulling a sled of cat litter a while back and was anxious to try it on some big tides, and big baits for Halibuts.    Here it is?

See what you think.   Certainly takes a lot of the work out.   The cord gets in the way.   Seems to have plenty power and capacity.   Digital readout in meters of the line out is nice.    Auto stop at 5 meters means you can do other things to get ready.    Kinda a Fun Toy!

Dominick

You are right that did look like fun.  Did Ken lose the hooked tool for trussing the butts?  Ken is getting smooth on the harpoon.  He didn't break a sweat.  Neither did you with that reel.   ::) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

gstours

Yes the rope tool went to the bottom of the ocean.   Resting Peacefully I presume.  ???  Had to get a spare out of the shed.   Thanks for viewing what electricity can do.  Its only a "toy".  Butt more on that later.  ;)

Ron Jones

I could see how it would let you have the energy for an extra fish or two. Out here in Hawaii, where you can sell anything, I bet it would work well for a part time commercial guy.
Hope you enjoy your toy.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

gstours

Yes it can open some windows for deep dropping where most folks just say nope.   Let them sit in their chairs and watch.   Amused?
Seems like 2-300 feet here is extreme fishing!   Lots of great unexplored water is left for the adventurer! ???
    Butt lets wait n see? :'(

boon

They are becoming very popular in this part of the world, although generally in the larger sizes, for deep-dropping. Often fishing is in 1000ft+ depths and winding up 40oz of lead, let alone a couple of fish, is hard work.

I am a little concerned that the combination of electric reels and very good depth sounders means the deep-sea fishery, from which many of the species are slow-growing, is taking a hammering.