new handle/arm for SX 5.0/1

Started by blairham, June 12, 2011, 03:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blairham

good day to all.

I have an Avet SX 5.0/1 single speed and would like to change out the arm and handle to get a longer sweep of the handle while reeling.

is there such a arm/handle available?  if so, from whom?

thanks for any input on this question.

alantani

i do not know of a readily available arm that is longer,  i have several grips that might help, but not a longer arm. 

also, welcome.  glad you made it through.  you came in at the same time as that last batch of russian spammers and you almost got deleted with the entire bunch. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

blairham

no, i am not russian.  I am scottish.

I love my Avet, it is my first.  I use it to fish for stripers and tautog, but mostly stripers, and would love to have a longer stroke when reeling in. 

I guess I could go with a newer Avet design.  can someone please tell me what the next larger size would be?

thanks all.

blair.

blairham

the handle I have on mine seems to be shorter than the one on the other recent SX question (which is a blue model).  mine is silver, with a handle that seems to be attached in the middle of itself, with the opposite end of the handle having somewhat of a bulb on it, maybe to counterbalance?  Can I order one like the blue SX model somewhere?

thanks again.

Cowbass

You can order any parts you want from Avet... I'd call them though there Internet business is not so great... Go on www.avetreels.com to get the phone number. Good luck
SHUT UP AND FISH!!!