Gold Medal - Western States Police & Fire Games !!

Started by Nessie Hunter, June 12, 2011, 04:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nessie Hunter

Well Ive Been MIA here for about a week.
Pre-fishing (3 days) and then 2 days of Tournament Bass fishing.

The "Western States Police & Fire Games",  at Diamond Valley Lake, Hemet, Ca...

My Partner Mike Rigney, is a Corrections Officer at Susanville, Ca in No Cal.  He wanted very badley to get in the Games this year and had some vacation time, so!!!
His regular Partner wasnt able to do the drive down and get enough time off.

Mike called knowing I qualified to enter the games (Restricted to Sworn & Retired Police & Firefighters), Im retired P. D.

On Thur Mike & I fished the Team event and were absolutely excited that we took 8th place among all the Teams fishing...

On Fri 6-10 I was separated for the individual Event and placed with a guy I did not know Rich Garcia.
Worst place in the world of Bass fishing to be, the back seat of on a strangers boat!!!   :-(

Well he shot off in his Ranger Comanche to his Favorite spot, 5th boat out...
He was drop shotting in about 35 ft, that left me with 45 to 50 ft water to fish....
I decided to try a new (Very slow weightless) technique I was told about the night before & Happened to have the rigging for.
Well it payed off big time..  I had a limit in about 1 1/2 hrs, Didnt boat another legal size (15" there) all day....

Didnt weight any of them, just stuck em in the live well..

Weigh in came..  I had 18.42 Lb Limit...  

Took the WIN and a Gold Medal for First place!!!!

Talk about the Long odds.  I was flabbergasted and dont think it has sunk in yet..

My Partner Mike Rigney for Teams event, Day 1..

My Assigned Boat Partner for Individual event, Day 2.   Rich Garcia.

Im am probably more surprised then anyone...  Still amazed at the outstanding LUCK!!!

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Norcal Pescador

Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

wallacewt

Bryan Young

That is awesome.  Thanks for the report and most of all, congratulations.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

broadway

Great job on the big win, nessie!
You definitely seem to put in your time... kudos to you!
Dom