Uses for a 111 Senator?

Started by Stevedel, September 26, 2017, 11:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Jones

I'm thinking you'll get considerably more than 18 pounds out of that 5 stack. Not that you would use more than that.
I love looking at that reel.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

basto

Yes, I have never measured it, but there is ample there and it is nice and smooth. I am going to put the same drag in my 3/0.
Basto
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

Stevedel

Quote from: Ron "Jones on September 28, 2017, 03:57:50 PM
Sacrilege!
Any reel that pretty deserves a Fenwick Feralite and a go with a not so few big kings a year. No reason to deny the thing.
Ron

As we speak, there are 4 old, unused, Feralite rod blanks on E-bay. Don't think I'm not tempted. I have two yellow-gold Fenwick blanks, however, that should be perfect for the 111. I just love 7ft. Yellow-gold Fenwick rods. They are gone forever.

There are, however, honey colored Lamiglas blanks still available. I have a custom surf rod built on a honey Lamiglas blank using blue and gold thread and blue hypalon. It's just gorgeous.

We are on the same wavelength.

sharkman

They are great reels.  I added upgraded drag and aluminum frame. It is my goto reel for 8hr deep sea trips.

thorhammer

Quote from: Stevedel on September 29, 2017, 01:11:49 AM
Quote from: Ron "Jones on September 28, 2017, 03:57:50 PM
Sacrilege!
Any reel that pretty deserves a Fenwick Feralite and a go with a not so few big kings a year. No reason to deny the thing.
Ron

As we speak, there are 4 old, unused, Feralite rod blanks on E-bay. Don't think I'm not tempted. I have two yellow-gold Fenwick blanks, however, that should be perfect for the 111. I just love 7ft. Yellow-gold Fenwick rods. They are gone forever.

There are, however, honey colored Lamiglas blanks still available. I have a custom surf rod built on a honey Lamiglas blank using blue and gold thread and blue hypalon. It's just gorgeous.

We are on the same wavelength.

Man after my own heart. I love the honey Lamis and Fenwicks. Picked up a 7' pacificstick in need of full rebuild for 20 bucks a bit back.  Coming along slowly.