T-Bar Lite handles retro fit

Started by GaryHMB, June 15, 2011, 03:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaryHMB

Hi Alan,
I have T-Bar lite handles for my Senators and the arm hole of the handle doesn't ft all the way down onto the pinion. Does this need a little dremel work? How far onto the pinion gear should it rest?
Or should they slide onto the pinion with ease?
GaryHMB

franky

T-Bar lite handles and pinion  ???

I just worked on a senator and it had an after market t-bar handle.  The thickness of the handle did not sit flush with the end of the gear sleeve...it was 1 or 1.5 mil higher. 

I made sure that the star drag wheel was tightened down to ensure that it was not in the way of allowing the handle to sit flush.  I checked the other side of the handle and it was sitting properly on the groove of the gear sleeve which meant that the handle went all the way down on the gear sleeve as it could.

I then installed the handle screw which goes into the end of the gear sleeve and it went on perfectly dispite having the 1 mil of excess thickness of the handle (or arm hole).

The handle screw sat perfectly flush against the handle and the even the tiny hole for the handle screw lined up perfectly.

I hope this helps...

Be careful when considering dremel work.  Once you remove material, you no can put back...  :o

Bryan Young

GaryHMB,

The quick and simple answer is NO.  You are good to go.  Tib arms are thicker to ensure the strength is greater or equivalent to the stock are it's replacings.  As Franky indicated, just make sure that the arm is as far down as possible before screwing down the handle nut.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Quote from: GaryHMB on June 15, 2011, 03:21:00 PM
Hi Alan,
I have T-Bar lite handles for my Senators and the arm hole of the handle doesn't ft all the way down onto the pinion. Does this need a little dremel work? How far onto the pinion gear should it rest?
Or should they slide onto the pinion with ease?
GaryHMB
Don't do anything to the handle , like the guys mentioned. It's a tight fit but the handle nut should help you setting it in place.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

gary, some of the t-bar lites that i've seen had a proprietary counterbore on the end of the spindle where it connects to the handle arm.  is this where you are having a problem?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

GaryHMB

Quote from: alantani on June 23, 2011, 04:15:21 PM
gary, some of the t-bar lites that i've seen had a proprietary counterbore on the end of the spindle where it connects to the handle arm.  is this where you are having a problem?

Hey Alan,
Wow time flys, I put the hot rodded senatorHS 4/0 to work overr the summer.
Its fine, although cranking down the star drag tight to insert the T-Bar is the way, everything lines up.
I am good to go.
Tx,
GaryHMB

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!