Please post your autumn pictures here

Started by festus, October 16, 2017, 11:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

festus

Quote from: gstours on November 09, 2017, 04:24:25 PM
Mr festus, thanks for your pictures again.  Can you please tell us the history of the house missing and the lone chimney and fireplace.  Great history of hardworking folks I'm sure.    😉
The man who owned the house passed away a few years ago.  He never married, worked in the coal mines and farmed his own food all his life and wanted a simple lifestyle.  So he never had any electricity or city water.  He told me he never married because his parents had been through a divorce, which was really looked down on back in the old days.  After he passed away, a real estate agent had the house burned because it was falling in.  Here is another pic of the place made during the winter of 2010.

gstours

Heres one from our backyard,  with fall colors of fireweed dying down.

gstours

It tried to rain ☔️ today .... but that's ok 👌

gstours

Thanks for telling us that tiny part of history in your area.   Bricks and mortar usually will outlast our lifetime,  the story is recorded but we have to find out as time marches on.    Good fall pictures of you area.     
     These last ones were from a cell phone as I was trying to see if I could do.   Butt   heres more from home.

This is our fall,   then we hibernate by the wood stove and tie flies for spring! ;)

happyhooker

Quote from: RowdyW on October 23, 2017, 02:29:15 AM
All this talk about beautiful lakes and no photos in the photo gallery. No photos, no such lakes.  ::)  ;D ;D

Better late than never.  Here's a pic of Indian Lake near Leaf Valley, MN.  Small as far as lakes go; about 100 acres, but over 35 feet deep.  Lake is up a bit; timber flooded and boat launch about 1/2 underwater.  Very little development; very peaceful and you feel way away from life's hubbub.  Saw 3 loons on the lake & a bald eagle circling.  Even fishing OK--largemouth bass, crappie, bluegill.  Not a fall picture--was there last week--but I don't get over to Indian very often. Almost no wind--unheard of in Minn.

Frank

mo65

It's odd how many posts slide right past ya...all these comments...and I still missed it! At any rate, here's a few Autumn pictures. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

thorhammer

Mike, that's some gorgeous country you got there.