Key West Sat. 11th-12th

Started by Rare, June 17, 2011, 12:07:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rare

Well, it was a long week (last week) for me since I have been under the weather. Part of the fishing crew wanted to head down to our 2nd home. I wasn't able to make it on Friday night so I left 5am Sat. morning. The ride down to Key West is one I can do many time & never get tired of riding there. We do our fishing from the old driving bridges. As I'm walking to where the guys are setup I'm looking at the water color & it just feels right for what we are after.

With a troll-rite & a strip of ballyhoo I catch my first mutton. A Nice 17in that put a nice fight on a light rod setup. Not too long after that, I hear the reel burning & Mr. Permit came by. He put up a great fight & didn't want to give up. It's hard fishing for these guys on the bridge because they will do anything from going under the tunnel, to pylons to cut you off. It is well worth it when you bring them up!!!

Our Key West Crew did great- 4 permits 3 muttons (one 7lb) & a few greys mixed in. Enjoy

........................15lb, 14lb, 11lb, 18lb.....................................

Bryan Young

Holy Permit.  Those guys are huge from what I have seen here in the market...yeah, I know...how many people will buy a big permit for the 3-4 person family.

Good going guys and thanks for sharing.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Rare

I have caught them in the 19-21lb zone. The 14lb is the smallest & that permit has been eaten.The biggest on was from our friend @ 30lb. Permits don't last too long here at the house once they are fillet- That why another trip is a must....... ;)

Panama

Wowwwww......That is nice fishing. Great eating!!!
Panama
Get on the water, Man!!!

blktwr2660

Outstanding,Gentleman Quality fish on a budget,My feelings exatly.Don't need big expensive boats or high priced guides to catch quality fish.Keep up the great work and enjoy,Cause i'm gone to  8)
Not from around here,Just fishing and doing time on planet earth.

Rare

Thanks, blktwr2660 & members

We did well last week again. We helped with a clean up on one of the bridges in Key West; so we fished in that weekend. We do this project every month. This is our way of giving back to our fishing grounds!  :) July, 8-10-2011

Next year starts the new regulation for Permit. We never had this before for Permit. For 2012, May, June, & July are closed. Only C&R!

Early Morning Permit

19in grey

19in mutton

The grey & mutton went very well in the over!!

The Permit came out great!!

conchydong

Yumm! Cubereta and tostones! Nice job......again.