A problem with Banax SX5000..

Started by Salahayano, June 18, 2011, 01:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salahayano

I have a problem with my spinning reel Banax SX5000 the Korean made, its hard to explain it but I'll do my best, when the shaft takes the spool down i feel a strange shake in the reel, i have this problem since i bought the reel, but actually even if i had discovered it at the store, i would have bought it, because its hard to find a Korean made Banax here in Egypt. I tried to open the reel, i opened the lower part of the reel (the gears part), i toked it apart then i greased and reassembled it, but unfortunately the problem still exists.
Hope you'll help.
Am sorry cuz am asking too much, also sorry for my english, hope you'll understand it.

Thank you in advance,

Ahmed Salah.

Nessie Hunter

Ahmed Salah  Very well explained.. 
I think your English is better then mine?? 

I could be way off base on this, as many things can have that rub spot in a spinning reel..
BUT,,  The Main shaft that carries the spool up and down, rides on a short shaft inside, with eccentric gear causing it to change from up to down motion....
The lower end usually rides on a short shaft with a connector (this keeps it in Alignment)...

Some times this short shaft needs to be cleaned or polished. The diff metals in Main Shaft, short shaft & the connector (and even dirt build up at bottom of the shaft) will cause that shudder or Rub feel...
Also could be just Dry and need some grease??

I do not know that particular reel at all. But most seem to have the same or very similar design..
???????????????

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Alto Mare

Ahmed Salah, did you fish with that reel or is it brand new?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Salahayano

Quote from: Nessie Hunter on June 18, 2011, 03:46:49 PM
Ahmed Salah  Very well explained..  
I think your English is better then mine??  

I could be way off base on this, as many things can have that rub spot in a spinning reel..
BUT,,  The Main shaft that carries the spool up and down, rides on a short shaft inside, with eccentric gear causing it to change from up to down motion....
The lower end usually rides on a short shaft with a connector (this keeps it in Alignment)...

Some times this short shaft needs to be cleaned or polished. The diff metals in Main Shaft, short shaft & the connector (and even dirt build up at bottom of the shaft) will cause that shudder or Rub feel...
Also could be just Dry and need some grease??

I do not know that particular reel at all. But most seem to have the same or very similar design..
???????????????

Nessie Hunter, thank you for your nice words, I appreciate it very much, I hope to  be fluent in English one day.
Yes, I've opened the reel and greased all its parts, also I made sure that all screws are tightened.
Actually after so many thoughts,I think the problem could be form that part that has the line roller, and the bail arm attached on it, as it shakes when I shake it with my hand, although the nut is tightened :-\

Thank you,

Ahmed Salah.

Salahayano

Quote from: Alto Mare on June 18, 2011, 04:33:00 PM
Ahmed Salah, did you fish with that reel or is it brand new?

Yes Alto Mare, I've fished a lot with that reel, but am afraid that would make a problem by time, I mean am worried that would affect the gears or another part in the reel.

Alto Mare

Hello Ahmed Salah, I've seen that problem before, but as Nassie mentioned many things could have that rub spot in a spinning reel. Although I do not believe that the line roller is the problem, you could start from there. From your explanations, I would check the crosswind gear and the crosswind block, I do not know much about your reel, but must have the same functionalities. Usually the crosswind gear has a pressed in pin that the crosswind block rides on, this makes the spool have up and down motion, take a closer look there and see if everything looks normal, as for worn teeth on one side of the gear, loose pin on the gear, a wider grove or irregular grove in the crosswind block. Other things could also couse the problem, if the reel was fished hard you could have a bent spool shaft. Lets hope that it is what you're speculating, that would be an easier fix. Your English is perfect by the way, I'm Italian and my first language is Italian, if my English was as good as yours, I would be in good shape. Somehow we all understand eachother here " I think :-\ ". Good luck with the reel and take care, Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Salahayano

Quote from: Alto Mare on June 19, 2011, 10:18:51 AM
I do not believe that the line roller is the problem

No bro, I meant the part that has the line roller attached on it, I don't know its name in English or even in Arabic  ;D.

Salahayano

Quote from: Alto Mare on June 19, 2011, 10:18:51 AM
Hello Ahmed Salah, I've seen that problem before, but as Nassie mentioned many things could have that rub spot in a spinning reel. Although I do not believe that the line roller is the problem, you could start from there. From your explanations, I would check the crosswind gear and the crosswind block, I do not know much about your reel, but must have the same functionalities. Usually the crosswind gear has a pressed in pin that the crosswind block rides on, this makes the spool have up and down motion, take a closer look there and see if everything looks normal, as for worn teeth on one side of the gear, loose pin on the gear, a wider grove or irregular grove in the crosswind block. Other things could also couse the problem, if the reel was fished hard you could have a bent spool shaft. Lets hope that it is what you're speculating, that would be an easier fix. Your English is perfect by the way, I'm Italian and my first language is Italian, if my English was as good as yours, I would be in good shape. Somehow we all understand eachother here " I think :-\ ". Good luck with the reel and take care, Sal

Thank you very much Alto, am at work right now, I'll try as soon as I return home.
by the way your English is much better than mine, am sure.

Thanks again bro,

Ahmed Salah.

Alto Mare

I  understood your explanation, I just don't believe that the bail wire or bail arm ( that's the part that the line roller is attached to it ) is the problem. The usual problem with those parts would be the bail not closing all the way or having a slight bent that would cause it to rub on the handle when the spool is at its lowest point, usually every 4 to 5 turns of the handle.

Salahayano

Quote from: Alto Mare on June 19, 2011, 11:05:36 AM
I  understood your explanation, I just don't believe that the bail wire or bail arm ( that's the part that the line roller is attached to it ) is the problem. The usual problem with those parts would be the bail not closing all the way or having a slight bent that would cause it to rub on the handle when the spool is at its lowest point, usually every 4 to 5 turns of the handle.

I don't know, I think its a little complicated, I'll take it apart again as soon as I return home, but the first time I did that I didn't notice anything strange, everything was in a great condition, it still a new reel.
I'll let you know what I have done, thanks. 

Alto Mare

Get back to work Ahmed, I don't want you to get in trouble. ;D Take it apart when you get a chance and let us know if you find anything. I'm sure someone here can help you figure out the problem if needed. Take care, Sal

Salahayano

Hi, am so sorry for delay, i was busy the past days, i guess i have found the problem, i was missing the hand lock washer, thanks a lot for all of you. Ahmed Salah.

alantani

ahmed, you're from egypt, correct?  i have seen a few video clips of fishing on the nile.  where do you fish? 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Salahayano

Quote from: alantani on June 24, 2011, 06:58:58 AM
ahmed, you're from egypt, correct?  i have seen a few video clips of fishing on the nile.  where do you fish?  
Alan, Am so sorry for the delay, actually I am not fishing on the Nile, I like fishing the red sea, but I have friends that fish on the Nile, they fish in Lake Nasser, and Maadi Ridge, I have tried  few times to fish on the Nile, fishing there is great but you need to be patient.
Soon isA I'll book a trip to a place called Elkonaiessa, there is a lot of giant fish, we enjoy fishing there, we always got tired from pulling them, it tastes great too.
Hope you will join us on one of our fishing trips so we could gain a little from your experience.

Again sorry for the delay, Ahmed Salah.

alantani

if you ever get a chance, please post some photos.  i'm certain we would all love to see what it's like to fish on the far side of the world!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!