Sealine-x 50HV ?'s

Started by xjchad, November 06, 2017, 04:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xjchad

Hi all,
Do any of you have any info on this s model?
I can find stuff on the H models and the SHA models, but not the HV??
Thanks!
Chad
Husband, Father, Fisherman

thorhammer

I have the 20's (2 of them). they are an upgrade over the SLSH; I've been really pleased. what info are you looking for? I have the boxes somewhere with schematics, I expect they are the same. GREAT casting pieces, very close to Penn 525 Mag.

John

xjchad

Cool thanks!
I'm just looking for any info on it.  Google didn't get me much.
It looks much different from the older H models, but I'm curious as to how it differs fromo the SLSH and SHA models.
I nabbed it off ebay for $22 so I'm hoping it was a good score.
If fish mostly off the beach on the west coast for sharks and rays so I'm definitely looking for good casing ability.

thorhammer

ummmm....yeah you stole it if it's in any kind of fishable shape. I think retail was about $139 or so, maybe more. One of the best casting reels in a larger size. I'll see what I can find.

If you are in a situation to surf cast for sharks, that'd be right at the top of my list.

Cor

I am fairly familiar with the DAIWA GRANDWAVE X 40 SHV, is that close enough.   We use it as a casting reel.

Cornelis

xjchad

I received it this morning and I haven't opened it up yet, but it seems to be in great shape!

thorhammer

Dang, if it works, that was highway robbery. Probably has carbon fibre drag in it already, just grease it. and the clamp....which too frequently is lost and takes another 17$ to get to you.

xjchad

And it free spools forever already!
So for servicing it, is there a tutorial for another that will be in the ballpark?

thorhammer

There is something in the daiwa thread I think. It's really close to the slsh internally

thorhammer

Yeah there's a tutorial Alan did in a 30 sv. Same. 

xjchad

Bryan Young

Likely same except the gear ratios. That is what I had discovered with many of the daiwas.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Cor

Quote from: thorhammer on November 08, 2017, 01:11:19 AM
There is something in the daiwa thread I think. It's really close to the slsh internally
All these reels are so similar that any one's schematic can be used as a guide line.
Even the SLOH's are close enough, really only the pinion setup differs materially.
Cornelis

doradoben

I have a Sealine-x 40HV. It's a narrower version your reel. HV  has a 4.9 /1 gear ratio and an SHV is 6.0 /1. SHA is very similar, only newer model. Lots of the parts will interchange. They cast and work well.

xjchad

Thanks for all the help guys!
I went through it with the usual clean, grease, CX.
Added a custom adjustable mag.
Smooth Drag carbon drag, and a Smooth Drag power handle and knob. 
Tried it out last night on the sand.  No bites, but love how it casts!  Great reel!