We are a go!: New Tiburon Extra Narrow (1 5/8") Penn 113H Frame/Spool Kits

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, November 19, 2017, 10:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

NOTE REGARDING COLORS:  Since there are frequently variations in shade from one batch to the next, even when using the same anodizing company to produce the same color, we cannot guarantee color matches.  That being said, black and silver can generally be counted on to be close to a match.  Also, we want to make sure that everyone who has ordered the kits in green knows that the Tiburon green is significantly darker than the Cortez Conversions green.  If you have ordered green kits expecting them to match the Cortez plates, please let us know and we can either select another color, or cancel your order.

Due to the excellent response to last week's exploratory post, we have contracted with Tiburon to produce a limited run of 50 extra narrow frame and spool kits for the Penn 113H Senator series.  These kits have an effective frame width of 1 5/8", as compared to 2 1/8" wide for the current T4N Yellowtail Special, and 2 7/16" wide for the stock 4/0 Senator, with corresponding weight reduction and improved ease of use.  

We expect to have them ready to ship mid-January, and we are taking orders exclusively here on Alantani.com this week.  We have ordered 25 kits in silver (frame and spool - you can order them with or without graphics). The remaining 25 kits may be ordered in any standard Tiburon color with matching spools (black, red, purple, electric blue, cobalt blue and dark green), with the understanding that those kits will be anodized with Tiburon's next run of that color (which may require an extra two to four weeks), and may not have any graphics.  All frames will have a black foot and rod clamp.

As most of you know, the Penn 113H Senator is a tank of a reel, bulletproof, reliable and easily serviced, with all parts readily available.  It is easily capable of fishing 60 lb. line right out of the box, and the sky is the limit with all of the high performance aftermarket parts available here on Alantani.com.  The extra narrow Tiburon spool, machined from a solid billet of aluminum and lightened wherever possible without sacrificing strength, will hold as much or more 65 lb. Spectra as a full-size 6/0 Senator holds of 60 lb. mono, providing sufficient line capacity for almost any West Coast species to be found on any local or long range trip within five day range.

The frames will be the same design as Tiburon's new-style Senators (topless with the flanges to replace the inner trim rings), and there will be no slots in the frames for harness lugs.  The rod clamp brackets will offset outwards (as we did on the 349 kits) for maximum width. The kits are compatible with all stock Made in the USA Penn 4/0 High Speed Senator side plates (113H, 113HL, 113HLW, etc.).  They also work with the "new style" Cortez Conversion side plates and with Lee Pro side plates.  They would not work with Chinese Senator side plates or with Accurate Accuplates.  The frames will work, but the spools will not work with the standard (low speed with black side plates) 113 Senator.  If you want a frame only for the black 113, please let me know immediately and I may be able to add it to the order.

The kits are $159 PayPal, plus $4.94 for shipping by USPS first class parcel with tracking to anywhere in the USA, including Hawaii and Alaska, and to all US territories served by USPS, for a total delivered cost of $163.94. If you would like to buy, please let me know the color and quantity and I will reserve them for you.  If we have not yet established a business relationship, I may ask for a $20 deposit.  We ship worldwide at the actual cost of postage, but please do not ask us to undervalue the product on the customs forms.

Please place your orders now.  If you already responded with an order to last week's post, please confirm the color and quantity with a post here or a private message.  If I do not hear from you this week, I will contact you to confirm.

Thank you,

Randy

swill88

Wow!

One green with graphics.

One silver with graphics.

Thanks!

Steve

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

ReelFishingProblems

One electric blue with graphics please!
Thanks
Nick

RowdyW

Randy, I'll take one in Electric Blue w/graphics.       Rudy

day0ne

David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

Rancanfish

I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

cmdrzog

Will take 1 red and 1 electric blue   w or w/o graphics .  Ok to invoice immediately.
Thanks
Bob

PacRat

One (1) electric blue w/graphics and one (1) silver without graphics.
Thanks
Mike

Maxed Out

Fantastic news Randy......did you get a name for these kits yet ?? I'd love to see the "RP Special" engraved on these.

.... I'd love (2) of the silver kits and (1) red kit and one extra red spool....all 3 with graphics please

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

JRD

One electric blue please Randy

David Hall

Smols

Army_of_One

Another day in Paradise!

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are