Heddon 450 Casting Reel....

Started by Panama, June 24, 2011, 02:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panama

A while ago I came purchase a lot of reel because I wanted the penns.  In the lot I came across a Heddon 450 and I know nothing about them nor am I able to find any info on line other than lure info for Heddon.  Does any have any input on this reel?  The reel is in pristine condition....Sorry, still have not figured out how to post pics (Help!!!!!)
Anthony "Panama" Clark
Get on the water, Man!!!

fish4life

Heddon's are antiques... If you have one, it is impractical to use for fishing today. You should rather keep it as a classic or sell it, especially if it is in mint condition.

Tony

Panama

Here is a quick pic of the reel...It's about the size of a 146 squidder...
Get on the water, Man!!!

alantani

gorgeous!  figure 3 pounds of drag max for a practical working load. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

redsetta

Nice-looking reel - pristine ...
One for the collection I reckon.
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Bryan Young

Holy cow, that's a clean reel from the past and a treasure for the Heddon collectors out there.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Panama

Hey Guys,
I been trying to sell this reel with no success.  I don't collect reels, I fish them...lol.   Good to know that it's appreciated by those that know fishing (as I am trying to learn).  I did loose the dog spring, but with effort I am sure it can be replaced

Anthony 
Get on the water, Man!!!

Bryan Young

Anthony,

Put up a posting in the "Fishing Tackle - Open to all Members"  area.  We have a few collectors here as well.  You might find the right buyer.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D