The wife says everything is fish related

Started by twotone, November 26, 2017, 11:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twotone

The wife says time to get a new toaster oven. The plastic part on one of the knob is broke. So I look at her problem and I say it can be fixed. She is now looking me with this funny face. All the while my mine remembers a post of Alan T. Sleeving Shimano TDL"s .
She says no we are getting new toaster oven, that one is old. So I quietly and quickly back down. I took one measurement and off to hardware store I went. Found the  brass tubing in the right size. Cut tubing to length ,hacked a slot for the pin on the shaft and little epoxy and good to go. I thought all was good, until I came home one Saturday from work. There was the old toaster oven on the garage work bench and new in the kitchen. Alright she won.  But the bright is I now have one for work.
twotone

thorhammer

Dude don't fight it. My wife said 'want new toaster'.  Great, I️ need one to cure painted reel parts. All win.

Shark Hunter

I get that look all the time brother. ;)
There are few things I can't fix.
You have to roll with the punches.
Letting some things go are for the better good.
Life is Good!

Yogi_fish808

I was also about to say, you win too. Now you have an oven to cure painted parts in.

gstours

Sharing is so wonderful!  Its a win/win situation.   My brother once bought his wife a nice 20 ga over/under.  So he could borrow it for chuckars.    While he was hunting with me she went out and bought a new washer and dryer and had it delivered.   Now he does'nt have to fix the old one as promised....! ;)

David Hall

I bought a fishing boat for my wife on our anniversary.  So she would have a nice place for me to go when she's mad at me.  I should have named it Dog House instead of Long Hall.