THIS IS HOW TO POST PICTURES TO THIS SITE

Started by Dominick, June 24, 2011, 06:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Nice reels & nice photos, Igor --

Thanks,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

theswimmer

There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Dominick

I think I know why some tests fail.  Ignore the additional options button below the white text box.  After copying the image code paste in this white box.  The image code will show up as an unreadable code.  That's it you have done it.  It really is that simple.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

BMITCH

Also if you hit "preview" button you'll see your phot come up not the code.
luck is the residue of design.

Islandgypsy

txangler81

ok do I still have to do the whole photo bucket thing or is there a way to post pictures directly from my computer. I see an icon for inserting an image but when I press it it just puts something on my post about  img img any suggestions

thanks
Dustin

wallacewt

hi dustin this is what i do
1 take photo,download onto computer
transfer photos  from pc onto desktop
open up photobucket then click on library,top left
transfer from desktop to little frame
just left of centre and towards the top of page,just drag and drop in.
they are stored in your library,
copy and paste onto AT site from your library

Shark Hunter

You have to do the photobucket thing Dustin. I don't know of any other way.
Life is Good!

Lunker Larry

If you need to resize a photo, by far the easiest program I've found is:

http://www.webresizer.com/resizer/

super easy, even for us old guys.

LL
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

theswimmer

There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

Can someone tell me how to rotate pictures?????

I feel like such an Idiot but I just can not  figure it out........

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

I just post from my computer and they are correct when I post.
When the post shows up on the site they sometimes are 90 degrees off.

Errol Flynn

foakes

Obviously, there are a ton of photo programs out there --

And I may be doing an extra step that is not needed --

I use free photobucket --

If on my iPad -- just take a pic with the iPad -- go to PB -- add the image to your bucket -- it will automatically be resized and oriented properly.

If on my desktop -- have found sometimes things are a little clunkier, probably due to still using Win7 -- but here is what I do.

Make sure the orientation is right when you store the pic -- go into another free program I use called Picasa -- grab the photo and it will be automatically stored in a folder on your desktop for later access -- and Picasa will automatically resize, and confirm orientation for any future use -- particularly when emailing or uploading to PB.

Like I said, there may be, very likely are -- better programs out there -- but for now this is free, easy, and dead simple.  I have around 1300 photos stored in my bucket at PB -- and that is only 1/3 of my storage capacity until they start charging me.  At that point, I will just store the photos somewhere else -- then empty the cache bucket, and start over.

The idea behind using photobucket -- pics are stored somewhere else besides Alan's site, so his storage and bandwidth is not used up on his website host -- and I have access to the pics for other applications besides AT.com.

You may be doing all of this -- but unless the pics are Internet ready, they may not orient properly, because they are too large of a format, for no reason.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.