ed's been sneaking out without us!

Started by alantani, December 11, 2017, 10:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

cayucos, nice striper yesterday!  he really has this beach fishing dialed in!

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

David Hall

nice fish Ed.  Glad I got to meet you on the hulicat!

Ron Jones

Funny, I'm trying to do the same thing on the other coast.
Great fish brother.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Rivverrat

Fishing from the beach is very intrguing to me. Always good to see these pics.... Jeff

steelfish

thats a nice catch, great time for sure for Ben, striperBass is a good eating fish.

Quote from: Rivverrat on December 12, 2017, 12:30:53 AM
Fishing from the beach is very intrguing to me. Always good to see these pics.... Jeff

Jeff, amigo, what do you mean with "very intriguing".

its a really fun style of fishing I love surf fishing eventho my zone have no good fisheries for that, only small curvinas, spotted bay bass and triggers, so light tackle is prefered over big heavy surf fishing gear that only wear you out in 1hr.

The Baja Guy

pjstevko

Nice fish Ed!

I had no idea we have Stripers on the central coast! I just got back from 3 weeks in CT and caught a few Stripers myself but I'd like to try to catch one on the west coast......how long are the Stripers in the cayucos/morro bay area?

What did he use to catch it,  bait or lure?

I need to start doing some west coast surf fishing whenever I there......

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

alantani

two hook surf rig, pyramid weight and blood worms. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

swill88

Quote from: pjstevko on December 12, 2017, 12:43:50 AM
Nice fish Ed!

I had no idea we have Stripers on the central coast! I just got back from 3 weeks in CT and caught a few Stripers myself but I'd like to try to catch one on the west coast......how long are the Stripers in the cayucos/morro bay area?

What did he use to catch it,  bait or lure?

I need to start doing some west coast surf fishing whenever I there......

My friend just caught a Striper off del mar beach San Diego county.  They're being caught in LA county too.

Bill B

"My friend just caught a Striper off del mar beach San Diego county.  They're being caught in LA county too. "

Never would have thought it was possible  :o    Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Swami805

Catch a few off the beach in Santa Barbara perch fishing. Not very common though.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

MarkT

Seems fair that he headed off to Cayucos for some surf fishing.  After all, I didn't see him in Puerto Vallarta!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Wally15

That picture is obviously Photoshopped. Ed's head was put on a real fisherman. Ed was probably sitting in a bar somewhere.  :D
GA Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Rivverrat

Quote from: steelfish on December 12, 2017, 12:37:08 AM

Quote from: Rivverrat on December 12, 2017, 12:30:53 AM

Jeff, amigo, what do you mean with "very intriguing".

its a really fun style of fishing I love surf fishing eventho my zone have no good fisheries for that, only small curvinas, spotted bay bass and triggers, so light tackle is prefered over big heavy surf fishing gear that only wear you out in 1hr.

inĀ·triguĀ·ing
ˌinˈtrēɡiNG/Submit
adjective
arousing one's curiosity or interest; fascinating.
"an intriguing story"

It was my way of saying, though I've not done much at all of it is something Iwish to do more & learn more about.  Hows that.... Jeff   

IcantSwim

Nice catch Ed! Is that the Pacifica pier in the background?