New Guy from New Hamsphire

Started by Rickski, December 20, 2017, 02:14:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rickski

Hi.  My name is Rick and live in southern New Hampshire.  Been fishing since I was 10 and now, at almost 60, love it more than ever.  Always liked to tinker with precision mechanical assemblies, and started servicing my own reels many years ago.  Mostly, annual clean and lube.   Most of my fishing is saltwater, with the Atlantic 45 minutes away.  In my area, Striped bass show up right when water temp hits 50.  Usually May and on the heels of herring working up the coast.   We have a inshore haddock/cod fishery before the water heats up, and then they head offshore.   Blue fin tuna show up 1st of July.  Usually the big girls show up since they can handle some colder water.  By October/November, some rec size tuna might show up closer to Cape Cod.  I usually fish until end of November, and then spend until first of April hunting.  Start with deer, then snowshoe hare behind beagles, and maybe try some coyote this season.  Anyway, when I'm not fishing, I'm thinking about fishing and keeping my gear in good shape.  This year, I have 3,  80W reels and 3, 50W reels, 2 large spinning reels and mess of other stuff that require the annual cleaning.  I enjoy helping my buddies keep their fishing gear in shape as well.  This year, they get torn down to the lowest level, and this site has helped tremendously.  Ordered an untrasonic cleaner today, and have a old Penn 80W torn down on the bench.  Gets put back together tomorrow.  Did my 80STW last week and my Fin-nor 80W the week before.  In between, I did the Shimano 4500B.  By April 1, I am ready to change gears and get back into fishing.  Lots and lots of really good info here. 

Some pics of my ugly mugg.  LOL

Rick

foakes

Welcome aboard, Rick!

From the Sierras of California.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

bhale1

Welcome....
Sounds like you've got lots of experience, glad to have you on board.
Brett...southern AZ

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

happyhooker

Welcome to the site, Rick, from Minnesota.

Frank

FatTuna

I'm from Mass but I fish in southern NH all the time. What port are you out of?

alantani

rick, welcome!  looking at those photos, my first thought was "road trip!"   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Rickski

Quote from: FatTuna on December 20, 2017, 05:09:59 AM

I usually put in at Salisbury, but find myself trailering to Marschfield later in the season.  I have a couple buddies with boats in Boston Harbor, which is also a great place to fish.
Rick

Shark Hunter

Welcome Rick!
Daron from Kentucky.
Life is Good!

Keta

Hi, for a "younger man" you are as grey as I am.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Rickski

Quote from: Keta on December 20, 2017, 01:56:59 PM
Hi, for a "younger man" you are as grey as I am.

It's a secret, but I pay my hair dresser big bucks to color my hair that color.   ;D ;D
Rick

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Tiddlerbasher

Hi Rick - welcome from the UK - Chris.

FatTuna

Quote from: Richard Loszewski on December 20, 2017, 01:08:49 PM
Quote from: FatTuna on December 20, 2017, 05:09:59 AM

I usually put in at Salisbury, but find myself trailering to Marschfield later in the season.  I have a couple buddies with boats in Boston Harbor, which is also a great place to fish.

I'm out of Gloucester.

David Hall

Welcome from San Jose,  Ca.  I have family in Amesbury,  if I ever get out to visit them, I'll make sure it's during blue fin season and give you a holler!