Hello New to this board

Started by BrntToast, December 31, 2017, 12:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrntToast

Hello all my name is Mike and I am a ..a.. reel-a-holic. There I admit it I guess I started innocently enough a little Zebco or Shakespeare now and then, before I knew it I was into full blown Abu's and Mitchell300s..I thought I had it under control until a friend turned me onto Penn Conventionals. I know I got a serious problem now. I am spending way to much time and money on Ebay. It would seem my favorite thing to do when not fishing is take apart a real old Penn and try to figure out a way to dump way more money than its worth into it. I get a lot of satisfaction bringing them back to life, there is something fascinating in the inner workings of these simple machines. I stumbled across this site and I have been hooked ever since. I wanted to say thanks to Mr Tani, and to all the moderators for putting together such a wonderful site with so much information I have learned so much, but I have got a lot to learn, you guys have sot some full blown engineers and fabrication masters on this site thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Dominick

Welcome.  BTW we already have a Georgia Mike (Wally 1-5).  Dominick from San Mateo, CA
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

MarkT

You've come to the right place. There are plenty here who dump tons of money into old junk Penns to turn them into the ultimate shelf queens. Me? I'd rather take the money and buy a high end current tech reel that I'll actually use! Ok haters, leave me alone, I waste lots of money on questionable things too!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

festus

Welcome, Mike, I'm near Oak Ridge, Tennessee which is about four hours north of you.  When I first joined this site 4-5 months ago I could barely change bail springs in a Mitchell 300 and now have the confidence to tackle any Abu baitcaster or Penn conventional, but still have plenty to learn.

Bryan Young

Welcome Mike. Good to have you on board.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Tiddlerbasher

Welcome Mike - Chris from the UK

Alto Mare

Welcome Mike! no matter how you shape that clump of metal it still makes us reel nuts happy.

Enjoy the ride.

Sal, from PA.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Welcome Mike!
Daron from Kentucky.
Life is Good!

swill88

Welcome and Happy New Year!

Steve from California

bluefish69

Welcome aboard you will enjoy yourself here

Mike from N.Y.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

gstours

Welcome from  Southeast Alaska Mr. Mike;  You should feel right at home here, this is the best collection of good people on the planet.  Theres a lot we all can learn from others,  So feel free to show and tell.   Ask questions and show pictures too.   Its all good.   N free too! ;)
   Happy New Year to All.

Crow

Welcome, and great to meet ya' !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !