"Green is the new Gold"

Started by STRIPER LOU, December 21, 2017, 08:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPER LOU

This YTS has been in the shop for a while and changes a bit here and there as parts come and go.

Tom's green plates, gold Tib frame, black Tib spool, Ted's gold shift arm, Adam's star, shops Acrylic knob, and Alan T's arm modded and polished. All the internal upgrades have been done as usual.

Just finished up this knob for swill88 and though it might go well on this setup. I really like the green/gold black knob and thought it all looks great together,  ..   what da ya think?

This is an oversize knob and one I would normally pair up with a 6/0 size reel. Larger knob, tube, flanged main shaft, and screws make this a HD piece.

I have a bunch of projects in the works, one being an oversize Accurate styled knob, a few different style wide top stars, and a SS shift lever with the 3 hole pattern. I also have a couple of frames on the drawing board but have not quite zeroed in on the size until I've purchased the material.

OK All, its back to work, and have a great afternoon,  ..  Lou

foakes

Too nice to fish, Lou --

Outstanding!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Decker

Lou, can I take that one to the St. Paddy's Day parade?  I really like it!

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Swami805

That's a beauty and a great match on that reel. Very hard to appreciate these knobs in a pictures, a whole other level in person. Haven't had time to mount mine yet just keep starring at it.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Dominick

Lou you should be a color coordinator.  That reel and handle is a beauty.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Tiddlerbasher

Alto Mare

Lou that's a beautiful combination right there! That arm appears to be glass, I've never seen anything as shiny.

Great job!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mo65

Quote from: Alto Mare on December 21, 2017, 11:16:51 PMThat arm appears to be glass, I've never seen anything as shiny.

That's just what I was thinking. She's a jewel Lou! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

David Hall

Said this before but it still applies, that's a beauty of a reel Lou.  I'm fixing to build a greenie myself, on Randys
T4N1 frame, and hopefully I can score a set of Toms sideplates, got them ordered but not confirmed yet. 
I may have to get on a list for a greenie handle from you.

gstours

Stop it Stop it,  Your killin me!  :(   Over the Top work.  ????Did you just say a sst shift lever w a 3 hole pattern?    Love to Know more?   Thanks for the great pictures of your work.     Just go fishin.      Happy Holidays. :-*

Midway Tommy

That is an absolutely jaw dropping beast. Too beautiful to fish with, that's for sure!
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Rickski

Rick

Rothmar2

What an incredible piece! Have to fish it at least once though!