Seafood night...

Started by Alto Mare, December 22, 2017, 09:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Not often I can get two of my brothers to come over at the same time. Since we're not able to be together on Christmas Eve, I decided to have the 7 fish dinner early at my house.

Frittura mista con pastella

Baccala', Silverside, Squid and Prawns

Insalata di mare ( seafood salad)

Mussels, Clams, Squid, Baccala' (Salted Cod ) and shrimps fixed with a little extra virgin olive oil,black olives,  Italian parsley, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper

mussels and little necks, steamed with olive oil garlic white wine and lemon juice

Swordfish ( a gift from Bill), grilled with a little oil , lemon juice and Italian parsley

And Ted's smoked Tuna, yes Ted it's still good, you did a great packing job on those. My brother loves it.

Buon appetito
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

foakes

Wow, Sal!

With a spread like that, I wonder if you could adopt me as one of your brothers?

Well done!

What kind of pasta?

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

STRIPER LOU

Please call me brother Lou too!

Alto Mare

Fred, my house is always open for you.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

George6308

7 fishes?
Buon Natale

Alto Mare

Quote from: STRIPER LOU on December 22, 2017, 10:07:40 PM
Please call me brother Lou too!
Come on down Lou, it would be great seeing you. :)

Alto Mare

Quote from: George6308 on December 22, 2017, 10:08:42 PM
7 fishes?
Boun Natale
Buon Natale George!
It is never just 7 fish, when my mom was with us, two of my brothers used to go to New York to shop. It took a couple of days to clean the fish they brought back. :)
Now you could find fish anywhere, mine came from Jetco, or I wouldn't be able to afford it.

Best,

Sal

conchydong

Very nice Sal. Nothing like a family gathering. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones.
I am going to make my 81 year old mom some fried shrimp, crawfish (spiny lobster) salad, blackened Snapper and some cracked conch for her Christmas meal. Material things aren't in her playbook anymore and she appreciates a home cooked meal better than anything at this point in her life.

Scott

Dominick

Way to go paisano...Buona Natale.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

MarkT

That's some great eating in the neighborhood!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Shark Hunter

Holy Cow Sal! :o
You are a true Master of all trades.
The only thing I would add is Steak.
Must have Surf and Turf. :P
Merry Christmas to You and your Brothers. ;)
Life is Good!

Maxed Out

Wow, all mouth watering choices you put together. "Holiday Bliss from the sea"......can't get any better !! That's brotherly love in action  ;)

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

mo65

What a feast! Merry Christmas Sal.  8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

bhale1

Sal,
Wow!!! Don't think I've ever seen that much seafood in one place.....looks delicious 😀
Brett