Harrison Hot Springs / Fraser River Sturgeon

Started by seaeagle2, July 02, 2011, 06:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaeagle2

So I'm stuck at home cause I sprained my MCL :( Doc goes no squatting, kneeling, stairs, crawling, you're a HVAC tech so pretty covers your job description, so I'm posting some pics.  These are from our trip for sturgeon (all catch and release) on the Fraser River in British Columbia.  We've done this trip twice.  We stay at Harrison Hot Springs Resort in Harrison Hot Springs.  The Hotel is across the street from Harrison Lake which connects to the Fraser River (I believe this is the largest river in North America with out a dam on it) via the Harrison River. We arrange to have the guide meet us at the dock across the  street from the hotel, get a jetboat ride down the Harrison, and fish in the Fraser.  At the end of the day, the guide drops us off at the dock, walk across the street, and we're back at the hotel.  
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

alantani

you know, we have alot of guys that catch sturgeon here in san francisco bay.  i've been out once, got one bite, missed it and never went back.  you need alot of patience for sturgeon fishing here.  nice catch!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Alan, we gotta go up to the Columbia River one day.  See guys really hook up.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

broadway

Towards the end of September off Breezy point, NY,  I watch those "suckers" sun themselves and give unbelievable aerobatic displays while I'm trolling Stripers/blues/albies.... it's just awesome to see!  ...I'd say they are in the 100+lb. range for sure.   Would love to catch a sturgeon myself, but don't have the patience, as Alan said.  Hope that MCL heals up quick so you can go back and beat up on those Sturgeon!  I just got over a foot injury, and though it's not easy sitting on your butt (DO IT- we heal quicker and ICE, ICE, and more ICE) take this time to get your gear right (reels greased, rods cleaned up, re spool lines, make rigs, etc, you know the deal) ...and most of all keep your head up!
Dom

Dominick

Dom:  You got it wrong.  It's keep your foot up ;D. Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

seaeagle2

somewhere in the "film camera" era box, I've got some pictures of the 6'8" sturgeon I caught on our first trip up there.  It jumped, and there's nothing like seeing a fish that size launch up out of the water......
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson