Baja Pirates of Lapaz a few years ago

Started by seaeagle2, July 02, 2011, 06:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaeagle2

My wife wanted to go to Lapaz, I said sounds good, could we go fishing.  So we stayed a hotel (since closed down) right  across the street from the water and books some days with Baja Pirates.  When we got back to Seattle, we were on the parking lot shuttle and the lady next to us asked her friend asked her why there were so many people with coolers in the airport. She replied, "we were in the Alaska Airlines concourse, they're fishermen coming back for lodges in Alaska"  then she noticed our cooler and asked us what we had,  we told her marlin and dorado.  She asked us if we were going to smoke any of the marlin.  2 days later when I went back to work (HVAC tech) when I went to my first customer, it was the lady from the parking shuttle, so she called her brother in law and got the recipe for smoking marlin, it was good. 
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Love smoked marlin.  Dried is good too.  Sashimi too...man I'm getting hungry just looking at the pictures.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

slip tip

Quote from: Bryan Young on July 12, 2011, 12:10:33 AM
Love smoked marlin.  Dried is good too.  Sashimi too...man I'm getting hungry just looking at the pictures.

I've had smoked Marlin before and it was great!

Nice looking fish, seaeagle2!

Reagrds,
David
If you kill it, grill it!

Alto Mare

nice pictures Seaeagle, did you guys get back in the boat afterward to take pictures or did the crew really keep the boat that neat? Very nice, thanks for sharing.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

seaeagle2

Both, the fish went into a well until the end of the day.  We beached a couple miles from the marina and they cleaned the fish.  They had a washdown pump on the boat.  But the boat was kept clean, I have to say of the several guided fishing trips I've been on from Salmon fishing on Vancouver Island, to Striper fishing in Northern California, this guy was the best, most focused, fishiest guide I've used.  He just knew where the fish would be, and every day when we were running home, he's stop and check out paddies and stuff for the next day's fishing.... The boat was a fairly new to them Defiance, made here in the Northwest, in fact I had actually taken a tour of the plant one time and the prototype of that model was just being laid up..They kept the boat very clean, and it was a very first class, professional outfit as far as I'm concerned.
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson