Brand New Avet MX Drag: Jerky...

Started by fish4life, July 02, 2011, 07:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panama

Living in the San Fernando Valley is great.....I went to Avet today to get my MXJ serviced. 
Tony you have the right phone #.  The reason why it appears not to work is because they close at 3:30 pst and they don't have an answering machine. Try them in the a.m.
Anthony
"Panama"
Get on the water, Man!!!

AshNorris

fish4life
Avet was closed around that time for remodeling or something along those lines. I had spoke on the phone with one of there tech's right before the date of your post.
I was calling for the same reason. had four customers with MX series reels with the same issue as yours and i thought it was all about a drag issuie, but in fact it was a bearing issue. The tech had shared with me that since the whole system rides on bearings, , And he shared with me that they can go bad right out of the box? :P Have done many bearing swaps with this issue and the the start up is just fine. ;D
I would love to find some good solid bearings for these reels, and or roller bearings if they make them that small? If anyone knows let me know please. Thanks

Norcal Pescador

Have you tried Boca Bearings? Measure yours and look 'em up.
Rob
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Bryan Young

I think one or two of Avet's bearing are custom sized, which makes them hard to find.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

fish4life

The shop won't swap. They said they will send it back to Avet with a receipt though. I think I am going to try that. Thank you for the input on the bearings. Hopefully that is the issue, they will know that's the issue, and they will replace them for free. I appreciate it guys.

Tony