Alutecnos Gorilla 12C

Started by anthony, July 03, 2011, 06:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthony

Hi Folks . I hope some one can share a bit of light regarding the free spool on the Alutecnos Gorilla 12'S. My reel works great when the preset knob drag it's not dialed to max with a great free spool when on free.
However when I dial the preset drag for a decent drag let's say 25lb then it lacks of freespool to throw my jigs.
Is this nnormal or what am I doing wrong.

Thank you all

alantani

i've never fiddled with one of these before, but it sounds like you hit the limit of the reel.......
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

anthony

Alan do  you think its life is over?  :'(
I did service it last 10/10 & i thought the alutacnos techs did take care of it , however upon just opening the reel found a few things.
The drag washer was totally DRY & its stick to the metal plate , the bearings were dry so I did grease them . one of them has a open side which its the open on the preset knob & I think it might be missing some ball bearings could this be the issue ?

HELP ,,,would you mind to fiddle with it ?

Roger

Anthony, the reel is really pretty simple to service. If you've tore it down this far and if bearings and the drag disks are the problem, you could probably just order the parts. The drag disks are probably a factory item and I have no idea on the cost and the bearings, you can just measure and order those from Dawn. Also, if you have any pics, post 'em up. We like pic's.
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain