new double dogs on Jigging master pe6 mute

Started by hafnor, July 04, 2011, 01:42:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hafnor

So I bought a jigging master pe6 mute docking from a friend. The reel has two AR bearings and one single dog that is engaged if the bearings fail. As I was waiting for two new dog sets from jigging master taiwan I experimented with the mute dog using a spring from a ball pen. LOL. It worked but it is a bit shady to say it at least. I would rather have an original double dog instant anti reverse as the original jigging master models has. That way I am safe, altough the bearings would suffice i guess. :P . The reel was installed with a accurate waffle knob, since the owner before me used the JM handle on another reel. Therefore I installed a xtreme handle from accurate too. The reel came out nice. Enjoy.

Here you can see my self made anti reverse. haha

Here you can see the spring that pushes the dog into the gear if the bearings should fail

my self made dog goes out

the frame inside without any dogs. You see there is room for two dog sets. Now the reel would only rely on the bearings

the parts provided by jigging master. Thank you JM.

one dog set installed

two dogs installed

remove the spring with a plier

here you see the parts that goes out

add some penn grease

and voila! a new reel that uses instant anti reverse double dog system, installed with a accurate xtreme handle.

Best regards from Norway, Hafnor

Clem

Good work, I have a friend who is thinking of doing the same with his "mute" If you get time would you be able to measure the length of the handle arm? I just want to check if its the same as the PE5...

I know the PE3 is about 8mm shorter than the PE5 as I have those 2 reels..I'm just wondering about the PE6 - PE8, tinkering with a few ideas....

hafnor

The handle arm of the pe6 is 11 cm or 4,33inch, my pe8 measures 12cm or 4,72inches

I also know that the pe7 has the same length as the pe 8, If you are thinking of buying a new JM the pe6 takes more line than the pe7 because the pe7 has a more narrow spool...

conchydong

Excellent work Hafnor! Although JM's aren't popular on the west coast yet, I believe they would be the perfect yoyo reel.