anyone have a penn 10 and can take some pictures?

Started by alantani, January 10, 2018, 06:03:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

i don't have a penn 10 right now, but if someone does and can help, that would be great!  

On Sunday, January 7, 2018, 8:03:22 PM PST, Steve wrote:

Alan, my name is Steve and I'm emailing you to see if you can help me with a Penn 10.

Took it apart to service it lined up all the parts and noticed the dog had fallen out and I had not had a chance to note how it was mounted.  I cannot get the main gear assembly to seat down to put those 4 screws in properly.  The main gear binds and it won't turn.  I think I'm just not putting the dog in correctly.  This model has the eccentric lever and a magnetic on it.  I have put it together in way that does mate the dog up OK but am thinking maybe the post I'm mounting the dog on is incorrect.  Would you have any pictures?

Thanks, Steve

the 209 tutorial is the closest.  

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=659.0 ,

but here's the schematic for the penn 10.  

http://www.mysticparts.com/Assets/images/pennparts/schematics/10.pdf  

the dog and spring only go in one way.  when it binds, usually it means that the dog is wedged in between the main gear and the ratchet portion of the gear sleeve.  is there any possibility that you have too many drag washers in the stack or that they are not properly seated?  i don't have a reel to take pictures of right now.  if we ask on the website, someone might be able to help.  alan

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackles old online store over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

xjchad

Husband, Father, Fisherman

retiredandfishing

Thanks for the response.  I have only recently begun to clean and repair my own reels so this is a challenge for me.  I finally did figure it out.  This reel was in pieces when I received it years ago so putting it back together was a puzzle.  The old dog spring was not there so had no way to see what it looked like. When the new part came it was just a straight piece of metal. Took me a while to figure out that it had to be bowed slightly to put it in. Reel is working fine now so no need for pictures. Just figured it out this morning

However I took a Daiwa SeaLine SL 175 apart today and had the eccentric spring fall out just as I removed the main gear and I cannot figure out how that goes in now.  My baptism of fire I guess.

Thanks for the response.  It's appreciated.

Steve

Alto Mare

Quote from: retiredandfishing on January 10, 2018, 07:05:44 AM
Thanks for the response.  I have only recently begun to clean and repair my own reels so this is a challenge for me.  I finally did figure it out.  This reel was in pieces when I received it years ago so putting it back together was a puzzle.  The old dog spring was not there so had no way to see what it looked like. When the new part came it was just a straight piece of metal. Took me a while to figure out that it had to be bowed slightly to put it in. Reel is working fine now so no need for pictures. Just figured it out this morning

However I took a Daiwa SeaLine SL 175 apart today and had the eccentric spring fall out just as I removed the main gear and I cannot figure out how that goes in now.  My baptism of fire I guess.

Steve
Sorry, I just got this. Here are some pics, just to make sure:
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=18910.msg200157#msg200157

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

retiredandfishing

Quote from: Alto Mare on January 10, 2018, 12:22:48 PM
Quote from: retiredandfishing on January 10, 2018, 07:05:44 AM

Steve
Sorry, I just got this. Here are some pics, just to make sure:
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=18910.msg200157#msg200157

Sal

Thanks Sal. I'll copy it to my reel info on my computer for reference.

Steve

xjchad

Wow, I just saw that I had replied that I'd get some pictures of this.
I had totally forgot, I'm sorry!  ???
Husband, Father, Fisherman

retiredandfishing

Quote from: xjchad on January 29, 2018, 10:09:38 PM
Wow, I just saw that I had replied that I'd get some pictures of this.
I had totally forgot, I'm sorry!  ???

No problem. Steve