Never built a YTS before. Here goes.

Started by thorhammer, January 14, 2018, 10:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

thorhammer

Thanks Sal! When I was building I happened to check that steel main we discussed. I compared it to a stock steel main out of the donor.  Guess what...almost straight cut vs helical.  No wonder it fit none of my pinions stock. I don't know what this is. From two feet away it looks like a nice steel 113h main. 

Bryan Young

Nice John. You have the new style plates. The heavily sought after.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

STRIPER LOU

Me either John! ;D ;D Looks very nice.

Its getting harder and harder to find the Accurate frames in that kind of condition. How far back was it when you got that knob? I'm thinking first generation as the angles have changed up quite a bit.

Building a green knob for a YTS right now for a local gent.

Have a great evening,  ..  Lou

Swami805

Very nice looking reel, the chrome ring really sets off the blue. Looks dialed in
Do what you can with that you have where you are

thorhammer

Thanks folks. I've been sitting on those plates for a while. Was gonna build a match to my std width but RP didn't have another frame. He pointed me on this one on auction with some surprise goodies in the donor also.

Lou you made me two Dec 2016 with jeweled Alan blades.

Sheridan, btw your $ is sent for the purple Pro Gears. I got unanticipated bidness travel and don't carry checkbook so I had to get back to the ranch; my apologies on being slow.  Reels well received by my buddy.

Army_of_One

I only have Newell YTS conversions.  :-[  That is so beautiful!  :P
Another day in Paradise!

gstours

Wow that is Stunning......Waay to nice to fish with.   A True Piece of Mechanical Art.    Thanks for showing.   

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

John,.
That is the Sickest YTS I have ever seen.
I'm sitting on several plates myself for personal use, but that is off the Chain! :P
Life is Good!

Maxed Out

Amazing how far things have come in the last couple years here on the forum.

I pity those who aren't part of this forum and are missing out on all the goodies.

Nice build John....now go get it wet !!

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Sluggo