whats the word on Speed-X?

Started by thorhammer, January 17, 2018, 08:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

I usually use Corrosion X. Any one use Speed X? I know, I know, TS 321, but it ain't on the shelf down here. Corrosion X gets all the freespool I need; I don't cast anchovies into wind, but is Speed X noticeably different?

steelfish

dont quote me on this but Im on the understanding that SpeedX is the same than corrosionX but is marketed for freshwater reels, it seems to have bit less corrosion inhibitors and bit less viscosity

check this out, I used to add it when working on FW reels, but no longer using it since I having a big bottle of corrosionX and tsi321 and my friends seems to dont note any difference while casting 3/8oz lures.
http://www.corrosionx.com/speedx.html

The Baja Guy

Shark Hunter

I still use the Reel X from Mystic.
I do have the big squeeze bottle of Corrosion X too.
https://www.mysticparts.comcom/Lubes/CorrosionX/77000.aspx

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackles old online store over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
Life is Good!

mo65

On their website it says SpeedX is an extreme pressure lube...supposed to cling better. They kinda make it sound like CorrosionX is for corrosion protection and SpeedX is for bearings. All I know is I use CorrosionX HD(squeeze tube not spray) and it's tops. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Quote from: mo65 on January 17, 2018, 09:30:59 PM
  On their website it says SpeedX is an extreme pressure lube...supposed to cling better. They kinda make it sound like CorrosionX is for corrosion protection and SpeedX is for bearings. All I know is I use CorrosionX HD(squeeze tube not spray) and it's tops. 8)
Yup, speed-x is recommended for bearing. I use both and to me they feel the same :-\.
I like this product, I've been using it for a while. All my spool shafts and gear sleeve posts get reel-x .

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

thorhammer

the experts have spoken. i was intending  to use it in my Abu's that are freshwater use only. i'll report back. Corrosion X goes in any bearing i think may see a picture of saltwater.