Main Menu

Hello All

Started by j28, July 07, 2011, 09:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j28

Just got approved  ;) yeay. I thought they were doing a background credit check ;D. Hey all,  good to be aboard! Looking forward to reading all those great posts and possibly contributing.
Great site Alan, It Kicks some serious Bass!

Norcal Pescador

Welcome j28! We all started out asking questions (except Alan :D) and all appropriate contributions are appreciated.
Rob
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Alto Mare

Welcome aboard j28, I don't think that we would have as many members If they where doing a background credit check ;D. You're going to like it here, enjoy it! Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

welcome!  sorry, we get 50 russian spammers a day.  brian and i have to do a check on every ip address and it's a real pain. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

j28

I was just kidding. I read the post about the Russian spammers. The only spamming i do comes out of a can ;D

Roger

Welcome aboard, sorry for the late reply. Work has been like a zoo lately......
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

Nessie Hunter

Welcome !!!!        ;D
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Dominick

Speaking of spam(this is about the canned meat).  Several years ago a friend of mine, Rick, turned me on to Spam sandwiches.  We were going to Mexico and were wondering what to pack so we could have lunch on the boat.  We needed something to have a long shelf life.  Rick told me that he used those Hawaiian rolls you get in the supermarket.  Sure enough those Hawaiian rolls last a solid week or more if kept in a cool place.  So we packed Spam, Hawaiian rolls and squirt jar of mustard and we were good to go.  You can't beat ground up pig lip sandwiches and a bottle of beer.   Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bryan Young

Quote from: Pescachaser on July 09, 2011, 11:12:55 PM
Speaking of spam(this is about the canned meat).  Several years ago a friend of mine, Rick, turned me on to Spam sandwiches.  We were going to Mexico and were wondering what to pack so we could have lunch on the boat.  We needed something to have a long shelf life.  Rick told me that he used those Hawaiian rolls you get in the supermarket.  Sure enough those Hawaiian rolls last a solid week or more if kept in a cool place.  So we packed Spam, Hawaiian rolls and squirt jar of mustard and we were good to go.  You can't beat ground up pig lip sandwiches and a bottle of beer.   Dominick
Where's my like button?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

kamuwela

dom i think you need to try spam musubi. lol ask bryan aloha and welcome j28

Dominick

Kamuela:  I had to Google that one.  Here is Wikipedia's take on musubi.  We are learning.  Reels, Fishing and Food, what a combination.  Dominick
"Spam musubi is appreciated for its taste and portability. A single musubi, usually wrapped in cellophane, can be purchased at small deli-type convenience stores (including 7-Eleven stores) all over the Hawaiian islands, ranging in price from $1 to $2. The 7-Eleven stores include a wide variety of flavors, including a regular Spam musubi and a deluxe Spam musubi (with furikake and a scrambled egg). Other variations include a musubi made with fried shrimp, chicken katsu, or pork cutlet instead of Spam.

Spam musubi acrylic rice molds are available at many kitchen stores in Hawaii. These molds are a few inches deep with a width and breadth that matches a slice of Spam.

United States President Barack Obama, who was born and raised in Hawaii[1], (But was he born there? ;D) is a noted fan of spam musubi[2][3]."
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bryan Young

Dom, if you ever come down this way to visit us and go fishing, I'll be sure to pack a bunch of spam musubis.  Portable and high calories if you need the energy.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Hey all I want to know is how come you guys are getting away with this, when I mentioned broccoli di rape a while back, I got scolded by the boss :-\;D ;D
By the way count me in, spam musubis sounds great!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

Did I miss something...let me re-read the postings.

Sal, Sal, Sal...Don't test me with your food names. :o

kamuwela

beats russian spam any day lol