Want To Play a Game?

Started by SoCalAngler, May 04, 2018, 03:30:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalAngler

I know this is a little off the wall, well maybe a lot.

I was working in my garden today and dug deeper than I have before. I removed the top soil, about 1.5' and went deep into the So Cal clay soil to turn things over. I was about 3' deep into this hard clay much deeper than I have gone before.

A little back ground, my house was built in 1923 or there about's according to the title and other documents. which in Southern California terms is ages. The town I live in is called, Brea, in Spanish word meaning tar or oil. I'm sure some may have heard of the La Brea tar pits but that is not where I live. Oil fields surrounded this hilly area and the oil workers that worked in the fields built and lived in this house. Now the street I live on is considered a heritage site for my city.

Ok, anyway back to the gardening and digging deeper than I have ever been. I find something. To me this rock looks pretty round, well way too round. So after turning the soil I wash it off and this is what I get.

Anyone that comes up with the best story how this got there wins 10 brownie points

swill88

Quote from: SoCalAngler on May 04, 2018, 03:30:38 AM
I know this is a little off the wall, well maybe a lot.

I was working in my garden today and dug deeper than I have before. I removed the top soil, about 1.5' and went deep into the So Cal clay soil to turn things over. I was about 3' deep into this hard clay much deeper than I have gone before.

A little back ground, my house was built in 1920 or there about's according to the title and other documents. The town I live in is called, Brea, in Spanish meaning tar or oil. I'm sure some may have heard of the La Brea tar pits but that is not where I live. Oil fields surrounded this hilly area and the oil workers that worked in the fields built and lived in this house. Now the street I live on is considered a heritage site for my city.

Ok, anyway back to the gardening and digging deeper than I have ever been. I find something. To me this rock looks pretty round, well way too round. So after turning the soil I wash it off and this is what I get.

Anyone that comes up with the best story how this got there wins 10 brownie points

check it for DNA... who knows, might solve the Black Dahlia murder... or some other?

theswimmer

I got one for you.

Miss Mari , two years ago is on one of her epic solo hikes in the High Sierra.
At least 30 miles from pavement and the trailhead. Way off the beaten path ,in an area with no trail.
We have been to this remote lake together and I have never seen a trace of another person.
She gets to the lake and sets up her camp on a ledge about a hundred yards above the lake.
She unpacks her stove and dinner stuff, proceeds to set up her tent and make her bed.
Turns around to start preparing dinner and sitting on the ground between her stove and cookpot is an Eight Ball.......
Unless you rappelled down , this ledge  is only accessible from below. She never heard nor saw anything.
That Eight ball sits on our fireplace mantle. 😎
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

Oh,
Oilfield workers back yard poolhall , probably dropped the ball when moving.
Best,
JT
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Swami805

A clue to the location of Al Capones missing hidden vault. You need to just keep digging
Do what you can with that you have where you are

mhc

Quote from: SoCalAngler on May 04, 2018, 03:30:38 AM

Cut shot, bottom left pocket.

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Maxed Out

Perhaps you'll find the rest if you keep digging.....and maybe a pool table too !!

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Gfish

Is your house 2-story? Then again, who'ed put a pool table upstairs? Ok, some previous owners kid took it out to play with it and decided to bury it..., but why?...
Possible murder weapon, previous owner family member hada hide it?... Maybe there's remains buried somewhere else? Time to research past owner/families/disappearances/premature deaths, etc.. I probably been readin too many crime mysteries.
The fact that it was so deep is intriguing.
Found a penny once, very shallow, that dated the construction of our house. Found a 1870's quarter once, that dated the planting time of a giant Bay Area grape orchard. Was brought up probably from a least a foot, as they were leveling the field for more house construction at the time.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Jim Fujitani

I bought our home from some strange people.  How strange you ask?  Well, a DMV investigator/instructor used the hard copy of the drivers license record of the son as a training aid.  He pinned the record to the 8' ceiling of a room and the bottom foot of it would lay on the floor.

I have dug up a bicycle, and bicycle parts, from my back yard, small residential lot.  The kicker was a blanket, buried about a foot down.  Everything was running through my mind as I carefully dug up the whole blanket, but it was 'empty'.  Whew!  I decided not to do anymore digging, unless I absolutely had to.