need penn 12/0 bushing not bearing

Started by tbucketford429460, July 09, 2011, 07:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry

Metro you need to take the line off to see if its a 3 piece spool, yea  id say 1950's with the etching on the sideplate,  look on ebay for that bushing  and eventually hopefully you can find one.  A 10/0 one will fit too i would say.

MetroFail

Hey Harry the line is off the spool and im pretty sure its the 3 piece spool (same at the one in an add for a 50's senator i saw), not clear from the photo. as it's a rebuild im busy with. the problem is i have that bushing but my side plate is broken and they dont make that kind of side plate anymore. sal said he would have a look when his new shipment of side plates arrives  :D. otherwise im pretty stuck as far as my rebuild goes  :(.

Alto Mare

No need to remove the line, the flange by the spool shaft reveals the secrete. These larger reels with bushings will always have the 3-piece spool, not the same  for the smaller brothers though.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Makule

Quote from: Alto Mare on September 10, 2012, 09:56:59 AM
No need to remove the line, the flange by the spool shaft reveals the secrete. These larger reels with bushings will always have the 3-piece spool, not the same  for the smaller brothers though.

Yes, the flange is visible from the image, and it's the old 3-piece type.

I can ream the bushing for you as long as I know what the exact diameter of the shaft is (measured with a micrometer).  No micrometer?  No problem.  Give me the closest you can measure and I can send some sample bores to see which fits the best.  Then send back that one with the bushing and I'll cut it to the same size.  Alternatively, send the bushing and the spool.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

alantani

talk to someone in a machine shop.  mill it down and let's get it right!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Makule

Quote from: alantani on September 11, 2012, 01:48:00 AM
talk to someone in a machine shop.  mill it down and let's get it right!

I have that machine shop to do the job correctly.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Harry

ohh   you need a sideplate!   Next time i go to the penn joint here in Aussie land i will ask and see if they have any of those vintage plates, i dont think so   but u never know. The ratchet sideplate with the etching  right?

MetroFail

Thanks Harry

Yeah the old handle side plate with the screw threads for a bushing. those things are like hens teeth.
if you coud look for one it would be much appreciated