need penn 12/0 bushing not bearing

Started by tbucketford429460, July 09, 2011, 07:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbucketford429460

Heloo everyone needing a bushing for none handle side mysticparts wasnt able to help, heres a link to a picture.

http://www.sharksonthesand.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=697

thanks
wade

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

seaeagle2

I can't help you with an answer, but I made your link to the picture so it will work.

http://www.sharksonthesand.com/cp/albums/userpics/10123/000_0037_28800x60029.jpg
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

tbucketford429460

alantani

wade, the schematic shows a bearing.  i have some bushings similar to the one shown in the photo and i can send them out to you.  if i can get your address i will send one out.  odd, i did not know the 12/0 came with a bushing.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Alan, Where did you get those bushings? :o The 10/0 and 12/0 came with bushings, I think up to the mid  50's.
they also had the three piece spool and the left side plate had that  nice  marlin etching on it
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

tbucketford429460

I think this is one of the old ones it has the marlin on the other side its in pretty good shape. From what I have seen and read the first ones had bushing. I saw a 10/0 on ebay  awhile ago that had the bushings.

wade

alantani

i'll send you what i've got.  we'll see if it works!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

tbucketford429460

Alan got the part it was the same thread but the inside bushing diameter is too small, is it okay to send it back.

thanks
wade

Alto Mare

Hello wade, is that part stamped ? If so does it say 40-114 or 40-116, you need 40-116. You will have a hard time finding one today though :-\
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

Is it possible to drill out the bushing to make it larger to fit your needs?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

broadway

Wade,
     Go to a flea market or swap meet, buy the bushing there. Either, ask them if you can just buy the bushing from an old reel or buy the whole reel with the part you need.  Even if it costs you big bucks ($20+) buy it cause if you don't you'll have a worthless reel on your hands.  I've done this with an eccentric screw with no numbers (just says oil) for a 3/0.  Englishtown market in NJ had an old, POS, 3/0 non-numbered that I bought for $15... sometimes ya gotta suck it up, but at least my reel is ALL original now.  
Dom

Alto Mare

Quote from: Bryan Young on July 14, 2011, 11:45:36 PM
Is it possible to drill out the bushing to make it larger to fit your needs?
That might not be a good idea, but I like the way you think Bryan ;)

Alto Mare

Quote from: broadway on July 14, 2011, 11:51:32 PM
Wade,
      Go to a flea market or swap meet, buy the bushing there. Either, ask them if you can just buy the bushing from an old reel or buy the whole reel with the part you need.  Even if it costs you big bucks ($20+) buy it cause if you don't you'll have a worthless reel on your hands.  I've done this with an eccentric screw with no numbers (just says oil) for a 3/0.  Englishtown market in NJ had an old, POS, 3/0 non-numbered that I bought for $15... sometimes ya gotta suck it up, but at least my reel is ALL original now. 
Dom
Dom, if you happen to go to that flea market and you spot these bushings, grab me a dozen. ;)
Quote from: tbucketford429460 on July 14, 2011, 10:59:13 PM
Alan got the part it was the same thread but the inside bushing diameter is too small, is it okay to send it back.
thanks
wade
Wade, I know that I have the part somewhere. It is unmarked. I took it off one of my vintage 10/0's because the finish was worn off. I'll look for it and let you know if I can find it. Sal

MetroFail

Quote from: Alto Mare on July 10, 2011, 12:26:04 AM
Alan, Where did you get those bushings? :o The 10/0 and 12/0 came with bushings, I think up to the mid  50's.
they also had the three piece spool and the left side plate had that  nice  marlin etching on it

WOW dam, so my reel could be from the 1950s  :-\
here is a pic of the spool. it doesnt seem to be one piece, i also have a marlin etched side plate. please excuse the quality of the second pic.
im guessing im going to have quite a hard time with that bushing right side plate replacement, as you said in a previous thread Alto