Yamaha Grease ????????

Started by RWS, July 09, 2011, 09:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RWS

I f U wanted to thin the grease out what kind of oil would U mix with the grease ???  Hydraulic oil ????? 

alantani

bryan was using corrosion x.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

JGB

You can use any compatible oil. Yamalube lower unit gear oil would work well. It's blue and mixes well.
Alternatives is give Corrosion x a test mix and see if it stays mixed or separates.

Do not Use TSI to thin. It is not compatible with any grease. but you can mix it with corrosion X.

Jim N.

wallacewt

Alto Mare

That explains it Wallace! Oh, you meant for the grease ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

RWS

Thanks will give YAMALUBE Lower Gear Oil a try, and C/X

Bryan Young

I don't use Yamaha Grease yet.  I still have a supply of Evinrude Triple Guard grease.  It's is this and kind of stringy, which is is why it sticks to everything and it's hard to get off.  I thinned it out with a little CorrosionX based on my communiction with the CorrosionX guys.  Used it without any issues thus far, and without separation.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

RWS

The Triple Grease seems to be a little more thicker then The Yamaha Grease, Waiting for the shipment of Corrision X  to mix a batch of the Triple and the Yamaha Greases and see which one I like better. Thanks for all the help.

mjberrocal

Why would you want to thin the grease?  Where would you use it?

alantani

lots of applications where a thinner grease would be nice.  it would be nice in colder climates as well. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!