Calcutta TE 400 drainage holes?

Started by nelz, January 26, 2018, 05:43:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nelz

I've noticed that some Calcutta TE 400's have 4 drain holes, (2 on the bottom and 2 in the back), while others have only the 2 on the bottom.  Is the 4 hole version an older model or a newer revision?

handi2

I wouldn't know. It should holes for draining while in use and holes for when its stored upright.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Zimbass

Have you still got the little round sticker under the reel seat ? That would tell you the year of manufacture and can work out which is which.

Terry.
Never was so much owed by so many to so few.

nelz

Actually I'm shopping for one, that's how I've been seeing this difference. The first time I saw the 4 holes I thought someone had drilled them after-market, but since then I've seen several like that.

MarkT

I have 2 TE300's, one has 2 holes, one has 4. I have 2 250's, one has 2 holes on the bottom, one has 1 hole on the tail plate side. My 400 has one on the tail plate side. Go figure.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

nelz

Quote from: MarkT on January 27, 2018, 04:20:53 AM
I have 2 TE300's, one has 2 holes, one has 4. I have 2 250's, one has 2 holes on the bottom, one has 1 hole on the tail plate side. My 400 has one on the tail plate side. Go figure.

Lol, sounds like they drilled whatever they were in the mood for on any given day.  ;D