shimano tritons

Started by basto, January 27, 2018, 02:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

basto

Some of my most reliable reels.
Basto

DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

Rivverrat

Probably sonme of the only Shimanos I'd like to own other than the TLD's round here some place under dust... Jeff

basto

Quote from: Rivverrat on January 27, 2018, 02:54:22 AM
Probably sonme of the only Shimanos I'd like to own other than the TLD's round here some place under dust... Jeff

Hi Jeff
The two at the bottom are TLD Star drags. Stronger gears and drag than the others. They will pull a comfortable 20 lbs of drag with a carbontex upgrade.
The Mark 1 to 4 all have metal frames and side plates which make them a little heavier, but stronger.
I like the 4:1 gear ratio on the Mark 1&2 but I would say the mechanism is not as strong as the others.
Greg

Rivverrat

Greg, I didnt type that out right.
I meant to say, of the Shimano reels you show in the pic, that I dont have.....  Any way my thoughts & typing dont travel at the same pace.  Not a big Shimano fan but like I was attempting to say the ones in your pic are good ones I think... Jeff

basto

Jeff
I get ya!. I think my favourite would probably be the Mark 3S. Compact reel with all metal frame and plates and will deliver about 17lbs max with carbontex drag.
I fish mine at about 15lbs.
Greg

Alto Mare

Nice collection of Shimano, Greg!

Best,

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Nice Triton's Greg,
I am not really A Shimano Fan either, but the Triton is my weak spot. ;)
I have two 300's. They are hard to find in good condition.
Life is Good!

basto

Thanks guys
Daron I had two 300 and then I bought a mark 3 frame for one of them (no level wind.) I was finding it difficult to get Mark 3.
Greg